Quantcast

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Back into lockdown again. Swell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    They ain't gonna be able to lock-down all us Mericans over here, in this here Merica. We gots many guns and that there freedom of speech. I done did don't give a damn about that Wuhan strain. Our liberty is more important than being enslaved by wannabe tyrants who are using this here Corona to ruin everything.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Yup, the UK is in lockdown mode again. I honestly don't understand the logic behind allowing schools to be open in several places, prime breeding and spreading grounds for the virus, but telling everyone else to stay indoors. The kids will spread it as soon as they get home from school! My work place has continued as normal throughout this whole ordeal so I'm grateful for that, but my thoughts are with everybody struggling and suffering with loneliness, depression and financial problems during this nightmare. Here's hoping the vaccine ends this bollocks once and for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Yup, the UK is in lockdown mode again. I honestly don't understand the logic behind allowing schools to be open in several places, prime breeding and spreading grounds for the virus, but telling everyone else to stay indoors. The kids will spread it as soon as they get home from school! My work place has continued as normal throughout this whole ordeal so I'm grateful for that, but my thoughts are with everybody struggling and suffering with loneliness, depression and financial problems during this nightmare. Here's hoping the vaccine ends this bollocks once and for all!
    Acting like you know what to do is better than admitting you don't know what to do. The governments don't know their asses from a hole in their head and they won't admit it. Our government could screw up a one car funeral let alone a "pandemic".

Given the way this was mishandled,
    If there is a mind to weaponize such a pandemic,
    the result would be tremendous...

Bombs and missiles are not needed to bring a modernized nation to its knees. An incompetent government will do just fine. Soon it will be a year since the "official" nonsense started and what has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Segadream View Post
    Given the way this was mishandled,
    If there is a mind to weaponize such a pandemic,
    the result would be tremendous...
    What do you mean "if"? It has already been used to undermine the US economy right before an election...

Italian researchers now have found an incident of COVID-19 in Milan as early as November 2019.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...w-report-shows

Independent (because their government refuses to cooperate) research also points to the virus being in China months earlier than previously thought. In fact, the virus may well be several years old, even in humans, as it often takes that long to being highly infectious.

The end result really is that the trade of wildlife for human consumption must end, everywhere. That's the only way to stop these viruses. While they're at it, stop all wildlife trade. Hides, pelts, tusks, horns, fins, whatever. All are grotesque, and only exist due to antiquated, buffoonish beliefs.

The virus was in the United States well before the government's declaration day. When people travel across the world that's what happens.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Italian researchers now have found an incident of COVID-19 in Milan as early as November 2019.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...w-report-shows

Independent (because their government refuses to cooperate) research also points to the virus being in China months earlier than previously thought. In fact, the virus may well be several years old, even in humans, as it often takes that long to being highly infectious.

The end result really is that the trade of wildlife for human consumption must end, everywhere. That's the only way to stop these viruses. While they're at it, stop all wildlife trade. Hides, pelts, tusks, horns, fins, whatever. All are grotesque, and only exist due to antiquated, buffoonish beliefs.
    Agreed. Some of the trade in animal parts in certain parts of the world turns my stomach, and I'm about as far removed from being a Green Peace activist as you can get. I mean bat soup for fuck's sake...bat soup?!

Wildside Expert

About 24h before Portugal enters 1 month lockdown, if not more.

Situation was bad but this could have been avoided.

What really pi**** me off is that during christmas and new year many health experts who became famous in tv and radio for the last months simply vanished from national media and now have been promptly replaced by new faces warning about impending doom.

I'm no expert in anything but it was predictable that politicians were afraid of taking more restrictive measures and suffer the results on the coming elections of 24th January.

Great, just great...
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 01-13-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Well... thanks to work and the Chinese, I've joined the Covid gang. A horrible virus that I hope many won't have suffered with anymore. Still, not all bad 10 days clear and 4 weeks off work on full pay
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDriver View Post
    About 24h before Portugal enters 1 month lockdown, if not more.

Situation was bad but this could have been avoided.

What really pi**** me off is that during christmas and new year many health experts who became famous in tv and radio for the last months simply vanished from national media and now have been promptly replaced by new faces warning about impending doom.

I'm no expert in anything but it was predictable that politicians were afraid of taking more restrictive measures and suffer the results on the coming elections of 24th January.

Great, just great...
    Welcome to what the United States has been experiencing. For the past few months our former president went AWOL in terms of the c19 and the president elect (and now president) has been eerily silent. He campaigned on having a plan but I still don't know what it is.The doctors on the task force? The rat appeared to be enamored with becoming a celebrity and the female told people not to travel for the holidays while she did the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Well... thanks to work and the Chinese, I've joined the Covid gang. A horrible virus that I hope many won't have suffered with anymore. Still, not all bad 10 days clear and 4 weeks off work on full pay
    I'll be hoping for a quick recovery for you.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    the president elect (and now president) has been eerily silent. He campaigned on having a plan but I still don't know what it is.
    It's not like it's all over the news today or anything... oh wait

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55750884

Thread Information