Quantcast

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Default Coronavirus

Prayers for everyone out there who is exposed or potentially exposed. Now is the time to tell your employer you need to take a bit of sick leave, if you can. Better off not going outside at all if you don't have to.

What are you doing to prepare for the Coronavirus?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Iím not doing anything, other then using my anti-bacterial gel, after visiting a work site, or washing my hands. Maybe if there were 100s of cases in the Dallas area, would I start to panic.
    Last edited by gamevet; 03-11-2020 at 08:03 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Proper hygiene and etiquette is where it is at. Lets not allow the media to cause people to think it is 1978 Philly all over again.

Road Rasher

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Iím going to put on my big boy pants, go to work, and live my life the same way I always have. I know I should expect no less from modern society, but the sensationalism over this thing is mind-numbing.

Can someone please answer me this one question: why are people so. FUCKING. STUPID??

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Itís because news is all about sensationalism. A hurricane in Florida? Every news channel will beat the story to death and when the supposed Category 5 hurricane hits the shores and is only a tropical storm, nobody calls them out for it.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Guys, are you aware of the situation in Italy?

Could you imagine taking your elderly family member to a hospital and being told that they only have ICU room for younger patients, and sorry but you should say your goodbyes while you can?

This shit is real, not some fabrication of your US news media.

Our hospital infrastructure is just not set up to handle such a huge volume of ICU cases at once.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

The biggest problem is people refusing to cease mingling with large crowds, or focal points, and then spreading the virus everywhere they go. Your mailman could be spreading it. If your neighbors upwind get it, everybody downwind from them will be infected. Its mutation rate outstrips HIV in its rapidity. It lingers in body tissues to re-infect the host. The permanent damage done to your lungs alone is not caused by inflammation and tissue damage caused by constant coughing, but by filling your alveoli with a viscous, gray sludge that can't simply be coughed out. Long term intubation is not only prohibitively expensive, but results in brain damage. Even if you were the only person in your area, and had a monopoly on medical care, you would come out of it with permanent damage to multiple organs, even if you didn't get re-infected. How long can you afford to live in a bubble?

My preparations are in the chamber of my Mossberg next to my bed.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post

Could you imagine taking your elderly family member to a hospital and being told that they only have ICU room for younger patients, and sorry but you should say your goodbyes while you can?

Our hospital infrastructure is just not set up to handle such a huge volume of ICU cases at once.
    Unfortunately the elderly are susceptible to death from all sorts of illnesses that wouldn't be much for your average healthy person. My only remaining grandparent is 97yrs old and believe me, merely looking at him the wrong way and he might take ill and die.

WCPO Agent

It's a lot of misinformation. The people who are dying of Coronavirus tend to have a lot of pre-existing conditions and an average age of 80. Yes that's bad if you or your grandmother fit that criteria, for everyone else it's not a big deal. I'm lucky to have a career where I can do lots of stuff remotely so I'll just avoid going out much for the next few weeks and let it blow over.

The key right now is slowing the spread so hospitals don't get overwhelmed. But if you catch it early on you probably won't need the ICU, they should be able to give you the antiviral drugs to take home. People think it's very difficult to run a IV drip bag but if you're good at following instructions and don't let a lot of air bubbles into the line it's not that hard.
    Last edited by axel; 03-11-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Proper hygiene and etiquette is where it is at. Lets not allow the media to cause people to think it is 1978 Philly all over again.
    Actually it's airborne contagious, but I mean sure.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

People at risk are anyone who takes immune suppressants. That's fairly popular now for quite a few conditions (see all the Humira commercials.. as least in the US). Or simply be unlucky that it affects you in drastic way because it developed into a more complicated condition.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Has anyone actually confirmed airborne transmission?

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    It's spread by fluids not airborne. You won't get it breathing the same air unless they sneezed and got fluids on your face.
    =================================================
    btw

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post

It's the other way around, over half the people on ICU are the old ones, and they are telling mostly the young people with mild symptoms to go home and weather it out with honey and tea. This virus mostly affects the older people.

I honestly wouldn't mind if this thing blew up into a real worldwide plague. Cruel as it is, it would make the world better. It would deal with the aging population, lower the social budget (less pensions to pay), it would point out to how massively underprepared, underequipped, and underfunded our healthcare is, it would lower worldwide migration (especially if the refugees end up contracting the virus), and all the above combined would result in a shift in the political climate which is something we really need. But most likely none of that will happen - if China got through it with one or two hundred thousand deaths, then Europe may not even reach a quarter of that.

Thread Information