Quantcast

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    I am also a nurse. It's going to be fun soon I reckon!
    I think the worst part is none of us knows. On my ward, the common cold and Flu are more of an issue, for the Patients at the moment. Just last Saturday we were all saying on handover, that we could have all had it in January and February: given how many of us were going to work coughing and sneezing our guts up. To most of us, it will be nothing more than a bad cold and that makes it hard to tell if you have it or not.

It could also be that a possible economical meltdown could hurt and affect more people, if more countries have to go into shutdown
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Since so many of you guys seem to work in hospitals I think I'll just come here for advice if I get ill.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

The only thing I know of male nurses is from having watched Greg Focker in Meet the Parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Since so many of you guys seem to work in hospitals I think I'll just come here for advice if I get ill.
    You'll be shocked how little advice is available in the Hospitals TBH, not sure in the USA mind
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    I am also a nurse. It's going to be fun soon I reckon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I work in the NHS, so does my partner; Both Staff nurses for over 10 years but on the wards. One's who work in A&E and GP's are really in the front line, more so when people don't follow GOV advice and stay at home
    Nice, I guess itís business as usual for us during this pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Nice, I guess itís business as usual for us during this pandemic.
    My ward is Orthopaedic rehab, though its more like a EMI ward for dementia at the moment.
    Business as usual as well for us staff here mate And so far the info we get on Coronavirus. Is a tiny little bit on the intranet
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind if this thing blew up into a real worldwide plague. Cruel as it is, it would make the world better. It would deal with the aging population, lower the social budget (less pensions to pay), it would point out to how massively underprepared, underequipped, and underfunded our healthcare is, it would lower worldwide migration (especially if the refugees end up contracting the virus), and all the above combined would result in a shift in the political climate which is something we really need. But most likely none of that will happen - if China got through it with one or two hundred thousand deaths, then Europe may not even reach a quarter of that.
    Wow. Besides the fact that your logic is completely flawed and a wild-ass bet at best, you must be a loner with no family or friends, if that's what you 'honestly wouldn't mind'. Are you German?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Heís watched too much Avengers.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Overpopulation is a serious problem and humanity and life on Earth would be better off if we didn't arrive at this point. But you can't just lose a large number of people and have society still function. The Corona virus has shown how much of an impact it has across the world when people simply stop moving as much.

That was the most fantastical part about the Avengers films. Even if other worlds magically improve as soon as half of all life disappeared, there's no way Earth wouldn't be post apocalyptic 5 years after half of humanity disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

More and more cases and deaths being reported here in the UK. I wonder if we'll go into lock down like Italy if it gets any worse? And to top it off they've cancelled football for nearly a month! Bastards! Ah well, if I do have to self isolate at least I can get some serious gaming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    More and more cases and deaths being reported here in the UK. I wonder if we'll go into lock down like Italy if it gets any worse? And to top it off they've cancelled football for nearly a month! Bastards! Ah well, if I do have to self isolate at least I can get some serious gaming in.
    More people in the UK will die of sepsis and the Flu ..This is going totally OTT now
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

More people in the UK will die of sepsis and the Flu ..This is going totally OTT now
    I don't get why this weird logic keeps popping up.

"More people will possibly die from this other thing, therefore we should do nothing to prevent this preventable thing that has a far higher mortality rate."

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    I don't get why this weird logic keeps popping up.

"More people will possibly die from this other thing, therefore we should do nothing to prevent this preventable thing that has a far higher mortality rate."

The point is the country doesn't go into lock down for Sepsis or the the Flu and they kill millions of people each and every year.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

The point is the country doesn't go into lock down for Sepsis or the the Flu and they kill millions of people each and every year.
    So you're OK with having another type of annual flu that has a mortality rate of 5-10x that of the current flu? Don't be shortsighted.

It doesn't look as if he is saying not to do anything but acting like the dead will soon walk the earth is unproductive and downright asinine.

Thread Information