Quantcast

Thread: QuickTime Player: Really Annoying Glitch / Setting Stuck...

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Pc QuickTime Player: Really Annoying Glitch / Setting Stuck...

Hey I assume some of you must have used QuickTime Player to make movies, i.e. to put together different video clips. I've only been doing this a bit, once in a while, for the last couple yrs.

Anyway I have a nice video put together but it's stuck on this terrible setting, with the UI control panel now stuck with this extra thing. Underneath the normal functions (arrows for play, fast forward, and reverse): Underneath that, there's this weird grid thing of my... playback speed, I guess? I don't know why it appeared, so I don't know how to get rid of it. I've googled a bit but I don't really know what to call it... And I did find some bit of advice, actually, but it didn't work, to make it go away. (I can move the markers on that grid thing, to play the vid in proper speed, on my desktop... but yet that damn setting won't go away, or save the vid without it, always being there, each time I open the vid.)

I posted my vid to YT but then the uploaded vid has its playback speed all inconsistent and messed up.

This is like the stupidest glitch but I don't know what to do with it, lol.

Do u guys know what I'm talking about? I assume those who have done simple video editing with QuickTime Player, u guys would recognize what I'm describing, hopefully?

https://www.wondershare.com/quicktim...ow-motion.html

^That's the extra UI stuff about playback speed, which won't go away. However I think I'm going to just make a 2nd recording of the same vid... i.e. since I can still make the vid PLAY correctly (though it won't save correctly): So I'll just play it correctly while making a new recording of my screen.

Hoping / expecting that to just clear up the issue, i.e. to just have a normal-working video again. This is the most annoying software problem lol.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Can you post a screenshot? I don't use QuickTime, but I've experienced something similar with VLC.

Pc

^Thanks for the reply, I just came back from a vacation. Ok here's an example of the extra line of speed controls, which is the bottom stuff on the UI panel. It's underneath the normal UI controls of simply playing the video file, like normal.

Also I just checked my idea and it worked, so it's not ideal, but it will end up letting me turn my vid into a normal state: Specifically I just did a new screen-recording of the original vid in question, with the weird UI stuff. (I decided at some point, that the weirdness must be getting triggered automatically... because my vid had a short clip that I had manipulated into slow-motion. And so the low framerate of that one small clip, was triggering QuickTime Player to make that weird UI stuff.) But so yeah, doing a new screen recording ends up normal, thankfully, even though that slow-mo clip is still in there, the new recording will all be in proper framerate apparently, so the UI weirdness doesn't come up.

The only drawback is that it means re-recording the audio again, which is not ideal, but I'll make it work. I tried separating the audio file, in iMovie, but even that was all screwy in iMovie, similar predicament.

If there's a lesson here, it's that if u want to use a slow-motion clip, combined with normal speed clips, you should first re-record that slow-mo clip, so you have proper framerate, and this mess won't happen.

Anyway thanks lol

yeah.jpg
    Last edited by Ecco; 03-02-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Thread Information