Quantcast

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

1st party employees praise first party hardware.

Naughty Dog are in games development ' people in the field SONY loved to use Flops when it suited.
    No doubt SONY Defence Force onthe likes of Neo and Restera will now try and make a big deal over sound next.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Sounds like someone is speaking from the MS defense force.

If the PS5 is the lead developer platform, itís most likely going to have games designed around its strengths and weaknesses. That what happened during the 360/PS3 era, where the 360 was the lead platform, but once the PS3 became the lead platform, it started having the better gaming performance.
    Last edited by gamevet; 03-22-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post

If the PS5 is the lead developer platform, itís most likely going to have games designed around its strengths and weaknesses.
    Well given for most games the PC will be the lead platform, I'm betting MS with its superior spec, Direct X Ultimate support will be the developers choice for the consoles for 3rd party games.

but once the PS3 became the lead platform, it started having the better gaming performance.
    I can barely think of more than a handful of PS3 multiplatform games that looked or run better than the 360 versions .
    Not that you need to worry, now SONY back on the PC, no doubt their games will look best on the PC .
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Got to love the SONY Defence Force. I see to remember SONY and the likes of Naughty Dog making a big deal of how the PS3 could handle double the Terraflops on the 360
    Matt Phillips is not a 1st party dev why he is posted up front.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Well given for most games the PC will be the lead platform, I'm betting MS with its superior spec, Direct X Ultimate support will be the developers choice for the consoles for 3rd party games.
    Iím pretty sure that the PS5 is using a PCIe Gen 4 NVME drive, which could introduce a seamless world where youíll never notice load times and texture pop in will be non existent.

I can barely think of more than a handful of PS3 multiplatform games that looked or run better than the 360 versions .
    Not that you need to worry, now SONY back on the PC, no doubt their games will look best on the PC .
    There are plenty of sites where you can find a list of what system did it better for each game.

Sony is releasing older titles. Iím not expecting to see The Last of Us 2 on PC anytime soon.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

If the PS5 is the lead developer platform, itís most likely going to have games designed around its strengths and weaknesses. That what happened during the 360/PS3 era, where the 360 was the lead platform, but once the PS3 became the lead platform, it started having the better gaming performance.
    I can think of maybe few games where that happened (if you mean exceeded the 360)? It took a couple of years, but it only caught-up with some give and take, here and there. Yeah 1st part titles were strong on the system, but that's how it always went with Sony.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Besides the PS3 ports that had trouble were less to do about power but the CPU and I will guess how PS3 split up its memory.

Take this vid however you want

I am hoping PS5 eliminated pop in. CUlling can be more aggressive and less obvious

This is from HZD on PS4.

Something like BOTW is always loaded in just further areas are in low poly mode but the full world is always there. Looks like HZD doesn't. So how will this affect framerate?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    I can think of maybe few games where that happened (if you mean exceeded the 360)? It took a couple of years, but it only caught-up with some give and take, here and there. Yeah 1st part titles were strong on the system, but that's how it always went with Sony.
    Somebody posted an official list on here a couple of years ago. I was quite surprised to find out that there were a lot more titles than I knew of, that were better on the PS3. Oblivion for the PS3, was improved over the Xbox 360 port, and I was quite surprised to find out that Fallout: New Vegas was a well. Thereís also Final Fantasy XIII, because assets needed to be cut for the DVD on the 360.

This guy put together a quick 5 list.

https://www.psu.com/news/5-games-tha...than-xbox-360/

I was buying a majority of 3rd party games on the 360, because the PS3 got a lot of shoddy ports. I flipped that around in 2009, when the differences between the consoles 3rd party games werenít that negligible.
    Last edited by gamevet; 03-22-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Iím pretty sure that the PS5 is using a PCIe Gen 4 NVME drive, which could introduce a seamless world where youíll never notice load times and texture pop in will be non existent.
    I would imagine developers will rather 2 Teraflops of more GPU power myself, than a little faster loading and I very much doubt the Series X will be a slouch in the loading dept either.
    Who knows maybe SONY has better dictated Soundhardware

There are plenty of sites where you can find a list of what system did it better for each game
    I really can't think of any of the major 3rd party games looking or running better on the PS3 to their 360 version.

Sony is releasing older titles. Iím not expecting to see The Last of Us 2 on PC anytime soon
    I wouldn't class Death Stranding as that old.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    I can think of maybe few games where that happened (if you mean exceeded the 360)?
    I remember reading that Rage was going to look better on the PS3 due to storage and then MS backed down and allowed Rage to come in on multiple DVD's and to Konami credit they did the same for LOS. I knew after the flack SEGA took with Bay on the PS3
    Vanquished lead on the PS3 but I couldn't see any difference between the two. SONY did have better sound in somes games mind and full 7.1 support

Yeah 1st part titles were strong on the system, but that's how it always went with Sony.
    Not quite with the PS1, but yeah its always been a strong point of SONY.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

I love my PS4 so will definitely get the PS5. It's gonna be a beast of a machine and I'm loving the fact that it's backwards compatible with most PS4 games.

I decided to update this thread title for obvious reasons.
    05/05/15

Outrunner

I wouldn't class Death Stranding as that old.
    Epic failure in the comprehension department again. Death Stranding isn't an inhouse Sony game, its being released entirely separately on PC by 505 Games. So by your estimation that makes Shenmue III a Sony game as well .. huh?

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Got to love the SONY Defence Force.
    Did you just dismiss Matt Phillips, the guy who developed Tanglewood on original MD dev hardware and is all-around one of the nicest and most informative members of the retro gaming community, as the Sony defense force??

Thread Information