Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SEGA possibly teasing Virtua Fighter 6

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Apparently the speculation is that it may be Fujioka's son (and he does seem to fit the frame), so… yeah, it's possible we may be looking at a Segata family line here.

Probably not worth speculating until they actually do their announcement tho.
    A Saturn mini then
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

1 more day

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Whatever the fuck this is... doesn't look like Sanshiro or a Saturn mini but also no idea what they are saying so whatever
    https://60th.sega.com/segashiro/

I guess Shiro Jr is a high school kid with a school uniform and his dads Karate shirt draped on his shoulders.

edit. Some rough translation. It's the Son of Sanshiro named Sega Shiro and will have some online shorts starring this character going on until April. In other words. I wish I never made this topic as this shit is a waste of time. That's it. No game. No Saturn Mini. Just some online short videos with Sega Shiro doing...stuff.
    Last edited by Leynos; 03-25-2020 at 03:31 AM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Wouldn't any real announcements show up in those shorts, if anything? (I mean, Sanshiro's thing was to promote stuff in his videos after all…) Though I still wouldn't expect much aside maybe going through Sega's history (unless there's a surprise hiding in that).

Also I think we know who's the mother :​v

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

As i predicted, he was simply the successor of Segata.

Master of Shinobi

What a complete waste of time.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

It would be even nice if Sega Shiro was used to advertise brand new AAA games and Sega console...

but in reality, seeing a normal schoolboy that pretend to be cool just because he is the son of a legend, that will advertise the current poor Sega line-up, is only pathetic, and yeah a total waste of time.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

That page is actually pretty damn cool.

It's a mini celebration of Sega's history. In other words, Sega is not turning its back on its history like certain other famed Japanese developers.

The page also promises interviews from Sega employees. Looking forward to it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher StuOhQ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Personally I really want a new Jet Set that is closer to JSRF and open world.
    That would be amazing!

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods – Bit Sized, Episode 4

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar

Was hyped for Virtua Fighter 6! Oh well... Didn't think it would be the Saturn though.

Not an actual announcement of anything, but it seems that a Mega CD Mini would be more likely to happen first than a Saturn Mini anyway:
    https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1242979256470142976

As far as I know Sega never bothered to emulate the add-on (Sonic CD's early rereleases were an actual port, and we didn't get rereleases again until the remake), so don't get your hopes up.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I'd be pretty surprised if they do a Mega CD Mini next. Who is clamoring for that? If you were going by the next most popular Sega system, the next thing should be either Saturn Mini if you're looking at Japan, Game Gear Mini if you're looking at North America, or SMS Mini if you're looking at the rest of the world. Also SMS and Game Gear are easier to emulate and need less space for games, and they could be combined into one unit (or not). I could see a Mega CD Mini happening eventually, but not before at least one of those.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

I'd argue that the Dreamcast is more popular than any of those :​P

Then again Sega was kinda dragged into this in the first place, they were reluctant to make the Mega Drive Mini at all for starters. So it's more likely that they won't bother with more minis any time soon (and the whole mini hype has died down in general anyway).

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I'd argue that the Dreamcast is more popular than any of those :​P

Then again Sega was kinda dragged into this in the first place, they were reluctant to make the Mega Drive Mini at all for starters. So it's more likely that they won't bother with more minis any time soon (and the whole mini hype has died down in general anyway).
    Maybe, but that would be kind of a shame. It seems like half of the work with the MD Mini was just them getting up to speed on making and distributing an actual hardware product. Another Mini console would be less costly to develop than the first one, because some of that existing work/investment can be utilized. On the other hand, I guess I shouldn't assume that anyone at Sega is capable of long-term thinking.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Master of Shinobi

I didn't pay attention to this craze but do these mini consoles actually take CDs/carts, or do they only work from internal memory or SD cards? The Sega CD was stupidly big and the CDX/Multi-Mega is already a "mini" Mega CD. They could shrink that further into a compact discman sized device and still be able to load original discs; of course then they would not be able to retain the original design. Perhaps the CDX design could be retained, but made much thinner.

Thread Information