Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SEGA possibly teasing Virtua Fighter 6

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    He will present us Saturn Mini, maybe?
    That seems plausible actually. If it would be technically feasible at a reasonable price point, which some have said it's not.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

If it's Saturn Mini why recast him? A mini Sanshiro?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Master of Shinobi

They worked with the actor since the Saturn, he advertised that Rambo lightgun game. Note that Segata Sanshiro isn't even his most famous role, he is one of the more well known Kamen Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    Yup, they'll open the teaser site on March 25.
    The kanji now now changed to "5 days until the birth".

It will probably be the return of Segata Sanshiro, or the successor of Segata for the brand new commercials.
    I doubt it will be new commercials, there is nothing left at Sega that he could advertise. And a Saturn Mini would be technically difficult and thus not profitable. I'm hoping that it's a new Virtua Fighter. Do note that Akira's primary gi is white too, and he has a very similar hairdo as well:

Master of Shinobi

Note: there's a text on his belt saying せがれ (segare), which means "my son".

So I'm thinking one of three things:
    - Segare Sanshiro, son of Segata
    - Virtua Fighter: the Next Generation
    - something Shenmue related (Ryo is a young Akira, and his dad was voiced by Segata).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Don't forget that this is a Sega 60th anniversary initiative, so it will be an announcement regarding the entire company, not a simple game announcement.
    A new Segata Sanshiro for new commercials seems more likely.

Don't get your hopes too high for VF6, this is clearly not the case with this teaser site, you'll get only disappointed.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    Note: there's a text on his belt saying せがれ (segare), which means "my son".

So I'm thinking one of three things:
    - Segare Sanshiro, son of Segata
    - Virtua Fighter: the Next Generation
    - something Shenmue related (Ryo is a young Akira, and his dad was voiced by Segata).

another proof that this is the successor of Segata with a new actor for new commercials, nothing more nothing less.

Master of Shinobi

True, I was just about to mention it - the tweet only says a new mascot leading the celebrations, so it's probably going to be something extremely disappointing.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Sega isn't currently working on another Mini:

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1241587323109699584

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Well if a mod wants to change the topic title that is fine. Yeah, a young Sanshiro seems to be the case. I dunno if I can accept anyone else. I think I could only be hyped for another Sanshiro if it was promoting SEGA's next gen console but that isn't it.

Master of Shinobi

I'd rather have Virtua Fighter 6 than a new mascot that has absolutely nothing worth to actually promote.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher StuOhQ's Avatar

I wish. Sega has really only been doing Sonic, Yakuza, and Valkyria Chronicles these past few years. ANY franchises being respected would be great.

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods – Bit Sized, Episode 4

Quote Originally Posted by StuOhQ View Post
    I wish. Sega has really only been doing Sonic, Yakuza, and Valkyria Chronicles these past few years. ANY franchises being respected would be great.
    Wonderboy(Remake and a new Entry with Monster Boy). Toejam and Earl. Streets of Rage. People can debate Semantics but Shenmue. Virtual On (Japan only on PS4 but still a new entry and is very much VO). Sakura Wars. Puyo Puyo. Are series that got recent entries and/or soon to be new entries. Now if you just mean developing ok yeah they have not internally developed some of these. But they are giving old IPs attention. Personally I really want a new Jet Set that is closer to JSRF and open world.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Wonderboy(Remake and a new Entry with Monster Boy). Toejam and Earl. Streets of Rage. People can debate Semantics but Shenmue. Virtual On (Japan only on PS4 but still a new entry and is very much VO). Sakura Wars. Puyo Puyo. Are series that got recent entries and/or soon to be new entries. Now if you just mean developing ok yeah they have not internally developed some of these. But they are giving old IPs attention. Personally I really want a new Jet Set that is closer to JSRF and open world.
    All of those except Sakura Wars are either outsourced, not made by Sega, a re-release, or it's a puzzle game that was already released on 18 million different consoles and your toaster.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    All of those except Sakura Wars are either outsourced, not made by Sega, a re-release, or it's a puzzle game that was already released on 18 million different consoles and your toaster.
    Show me in his post where is said specifically they had to be made by SEGA. He just said any franchise being respected and these have been. Also Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On x Toaru Majutsu is SEGA developed. Don't try and dismiss it because it has a crossover either. I own it and it's very much VO.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Well if a mod wants to change the topic title that is fine. Yeah, a young Sanshiro seems to be the case. I dunno if I can accept anyone else. I think I could only be hyped for another Sanshiro if it was promoting SEGA's next gen console but that isn't it.
    Apparently the speculation is that it may be Fujioka's son (and he does seem to fit the frame), so… yeah, it's possible we may be looking at a Segata family line here.

Probably not worth speculating until they actually do their announcement tho.

Thread Information