Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SEGA possibly teasing Virtua Fighter 6

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    I didn't pay attention to this craze but do these mini consoles actually take CDs/carts, or do they only work from internal memory or SD cards? The Sega CD was stupidly big and the CDX/Multi-Mega is already a "mini" Mega CD. They could shrink that further into a compact discman sized device and still be able to load original discs; of course, then they would not be able to retain the original design. Perhaps the CDX design could be retained, but made much thinner.
    They are too small to fit a cart in them. Sometimes smaller than the controller. They use an off the shelf board or a custom board usually with a ARM cpu and maybe a custom GPU. NES mini was more powerful than the Wii and had as much ram as an Xbox 360. They use emulation with varying degrees of success. Nintendo uses in house emulation. SEGA went with M2 and not sure what TG16 mini went with. Sony used something terrible and some games were PAL versions on the US console. So some games ran really slow. Controller ports are USB aside from Nintendo's which uses the same connectors Wii controllers did. They are pretty low power and have preset number of games and unless you hack them there is no way to add more. No online.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    I didn't pay attention to this craze but do these mini consoles actually take CDs/carts, or do they only work from internal memory or SD cards? The Sega CD was stupidly big and the CDX/Multi-Mega is already a "mini" Mega CD. They could shrink that further into a compact discman sized device and still be able to load original discs; of course then they would not be able to retain the original design. Perhaps the CDX design could be retained, but made much thinner.
    All of the Mini consoles are just emulation machines. They happen to be much better than previous ones but they're the same category.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Maybe, but that would be kind of a shame. It seems like half of the work with the MD Mini was just them getting up to speed on making and distributing an actual hardware product. Another Mini console would be less costly to develop than the first one, because some of that existing work/investment can be utilized. On the other hand, I guess I shouldn't assume that anyone at Sega is capable of long-term thinking.
    To be fair, M2 probably benefits more from that than Sega.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Schoolgirl: “Sega Shiro, is that a Switch?”

Sega Shiro: “It’s a Sega!” (Game Gear, released in 1990.)

Schoolgirl: “Sega Shiro, are those sunglasses?”

Sega Shiro: “It’s a Sega!” (3D Glasses, released in 1987.)

Schoolgirl: “Is that a backpack?”

Sega Shiro: “It’s a Sega!” (Sega Saturn, released in 1994.)
    When asked why he is always wearing his coat, he says “Father…” and a flashback of his past is shown—Segata Sanshiro training Sega Shiro to master the way of Sega, before setting off and leaving his wife and son behind. A nuclear missile kills him, and his coat falls into Sega Shiro’s hands.

After that, a masked man named Sega Hatan Shiro appears. His name seems to be a play on “Sega Saturn,” which is spelled “Sega Sataan” in Japanese. “Hatan” means “bankruptcy.” The video ends with Sega Shiro swearing to his father that he will protect Sega.

Watch the video below.

Master of Shinobi

That is pathetic.

Agreed. I'm not feeling Sega Shiro at all. They serve no purpose but to edge fans then not let them have any result from this. They are not announcing anything with them. Just "hey remember Segata Sanshiro died" um...okay...

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

What are you all talking about? That video is awesome.

"Is that a Switch?"

"It's a motherfucking Game Gear, bitches!"

Too awesome.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

This campaign is very nice, it feels like the old Sega coming back
    But I hope they have some real meat behind this campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post

"Is that a Switch?"

Too awesome.
    I concur. I liked it.
    05/05/15

"Is that a Switch?"

Too awesome.
    I loved it and it even has the Master System 3D glasses for added respect . Still I rather SEGA worries more about making sequels to it's great IP rather than great Ads
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

I can't be the only one who noticed that the bad guy looks like a sentai villain (why this is relevant: Hiroshi Fujioka is most well known for Kamen Rider). But I guess most people don't care about Sega Shiro to even bother.

In any case it's looking like this video is a set up for Sega Shiro to actually follow the steps of his father. I mean seriously, with a villain like that there's no way that this won't end up with fighting :​P

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

It's good that they are acknowledging their legacy with Segata, PSX kick training etc.

but after that it's the turn of the real thing = brand new SEGA games both classic and new IPs.
    And NO, it's not acceptable to give classic IP to amateurs indie developers, especially given the mediocre results...

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I can't be the only one who noticed that the bad guy looks like a sentai villain (why this is relevant: Hiroshi Fujioka is most well known for Kamen Rider). But I guess most people don't care about Sega Shiro to even bother.

In any case it's looking like this video is a set up for Sega Shiro to actually follow the steps of his father. I mean seriously, with a villain like that there's no way that this won't end up with fighting :​P
    I think instead this is pretty obvious
    Also I suppose the villain Sega Hatan Shiro is played by good old Hiroshi

Master of Shinobi

"Is that a Switch?"

Too awesome.
    The original ads had nightclubs worth of random people beaten the fuck up for their sole crime of not playing Saturn games, infants terrorized for the same reason, people thrown clear across entire football fields effortlessly, nuclear missiles being bare hand parried.

This has a random highschooler dude getting a PTSD breakdown in front of the entire class, when someone mentions his fathers coat.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training eukara's Avatar

could well be a character arc spanning across the videos.

Thread Information