Quantcast

Thread: The history of altered beast remastered 2020 edition

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Default The history of altered beast remastered 2020 edition

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

More greatness from the Patman! Altered Beast, alongside Golden Axe, was the first game I ever laid eyes on for the Mega Drive as a kid, and it blew me away.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

You're a (somewhat) old fart like me, Bowlsey - did you play those games at the arcades, too? Many a quarter was dropped into Golden Axe at Dino's Pizzeria, back in the day...

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    You're a (somewhat) old fart like me, Bowlsey - did you play those games at the arcades, too? Many a quarter was dropped into Golden Axe at Dino's Pizzeria, back in the day...
    Sadly no. I loved arcades and tried to sneak off to them as often as I could, but my mother wouldn't allow me to visit them in general unless I went with an adult. She thought they were full of 'dirty old men' lol! I do remember playing the original Mortal Kombat at the local arcade for the first time though. Oh man, that game looked truly incredible to my 9yr old eyes!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

I played a lot of Altered Beast in arcades as a little kid. Then in the mid-90s as a youn teen I frequented my local comic shop after school and they had an Altered Beast machine in there.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    More greatness from the Patman! Altered Beast, alongside Golden Axe, was the first game I ever laid eyes on for the Mega Drive as a kid, and it blew me away.
    Thank you for the nice words :-) this was the first game I had for my Sega Genesis as well and it was fantastic

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher StuOhQ's Avatar

Another fantastic video! Always excited when I see you've uploaded a new one!

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods Bit Sized, Episode 4

Thread Information