Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried Retro Bit "official Sega" pads? Are they good?

Road Rasher

I bought the saturn 2.4ghz wireless and its a lot better than the genesis. The dpad is more raised thean original, i swapped all membranes and buttons with og sega controllers and they do feel better, no problema with the c button. Quality on these seems to be random

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

I've been considering the wireless pads for the mega drive/genesis but I'm a bit cautious after reading reviews on Amazon and comments in this thread. It surprises me that a licensed product would have build quality concerns.

Master of Shinobi

That dual analog Saturn pad is still not out, is it?

I've got several of them, at first the USB ones seemed identical to the "SLS" Saturn USB ones SEGA released years ago, but the dpads actually wear out much faster in my experience.

These are the SEGA manufactured ones, but you'll be hard-pressed to track one down nowadays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAbmrpF_bEo

If you get a retrobit USB one, the Mega Drive ones are better than the Saturn ones just because you get an extra button (mode) which is really useful for Steam and emulators.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

The USB Mega Drive one I hook up to my computer is pretty good. The buttons and D-pad feel ever so slightly different but it's really not noticeable if you're not a regular MD player.

I've got the Retro-bit Saturn Skeleton controller, but the C-buttons sometimes keep sticking. I'm very happy with the 8bitdo M30. So i'm curious about the Saturn versions.
    SEEEEEGGGGAAAA!!!

ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar

Got the wireless Saturn one with a Mega Drive/Genesis receiver. It's a bitch to pair even after firmware updates of both components.
    Love everything else about it!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by sjorspion View Post
    I've got the Retro-bit Saturn Skeleton controller, but the C-buttons sometimes keep sticking. I'm very happy with the 8bitdo M30. So i'm curious about the Saturn versions.
    Got the same one, however I haven't had any problems with it. Perhaps opening it up and cleaning the button works?

I got a Switch as well so its quite handy it works on both the Saturn and Switch. Its the best fight pad after all.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

I had the issue with the C button sticking on the first batch of the wireless controllers. Reached out to CS and they replaced it with a fixed model that's worked fine ever since. They let me keep the original defective one so I replaced the insides with a non-working Saturn pads buttons & dpad and it's great now.

Thread Information