Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terraonion MODE Dreamcast & Saturn FPGA ODE

Default Terraonion MODE Dreamcast & Saturn FPGA ODE

I suppose this could be posted to Saturn topic as well, but......Fully compatible with ALL revisions on both systems! Full 21st century menu GUI!

https://shop.terraonion.com/en/home/...aturn_ODE.html

Pre-order (Currently estimated to ship in late-June/early-July)

Introducing MODE (Multi Optical Disc Emulator) for SEGA Saturn & Dreamcast!

•Auto region patching (loads games from different regions without patching games)
    • Auto detects the console it's plugged into. No jumpers to configure.
    • SATA 2.5 HDD compatible with exfat (works with both hard drives and SSD drives)
    • MicroSD
    • USB for USB thumbdrives and powered USB hard drives

100% compatible with all Saturn and Dreamcast games!

• Compatible with Redump and Tosec images (for both Dreamcast/Saturn)
    • Compatible with CDI, GDI, CCD, MDF, bin/iso+cue images
    • Plug and play, no soldering required!
    • 2 User interfaces: Simple list view and Advanced Cover Art
    • Supports multiple Disc games
    • Zero seek times providing faster load times
    • Supports Mpeg card, ActionReplay/PseudoSaturnKai, Saturn RAM cart compatible
    • DC Digital, DreamPSU and PicoPSU compatible

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

I'll buy one to use for Saturn for sure and later get one for Dreamcast.

It's priceless to be able run proper DC game images. Hopefully it will encourage more fan translations.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    I'll buy one to use for Saturn for sure and later get one for Dreamcast.

It's priceless to be able run proper DC game images. Hopefully it will encourage more fan translations.
    Same here. Already put the order in for one and if its works and runs as it does in the vids. Shall be getting another one, worth it alone to cut the noise of the DC disc access
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

182 eur + customs + taxes, kinda a lot for an ODE. Though they do promise good features.

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    182 eur + customs + taxes, kinda a lot for an ODE. Though they do promise good features.
    I keep seeing people post comments like this with each of their new products. Every time there is either nothing remotely like it or the only similar products are unobtable because resellers control the market and they're products that prople have complained about up until that point.

The best example I always give is if you are a collectard or someone who still buys physical copies of games, how is the price of 4 games too expensive?
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Saturn's Fenrir is ~100e, PSIO ~90e.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Expensive and I have no idea how to install it. Oh well. Cool tho

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Master of Shinobi

I keep seeing people post comments like this with each of their new products. Every time there is either nothing remotely like it or the only similar products are unobtable because resellers control the market and they're products that prople have complained about up until that point.

The best example I always give is if you are a collectard or someone who still buys physical copies of games, how is the price of 4 games too expensive?
    It's competing with the price of a modchip/pseudosaturn cart, stack of CDRs, and a new optical pickup.

As it stands right now, a Fenrir or Satiator + chink gdemu clone will be cheaper.

edit: not sure if it was pointed out, but the current price for the terraonion ode is right now a Preorder price - final device price could be different, perhaps even more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Saturn's Fenrir is ~100e, PSIO ~90e.
    From what I understand Fenrir is so hard to get that you can't even pay a gouger for one. If it weren't for MODE, Fenrir would have been destined to realistically only be available on the secondary market for hundreds of dollars. Doesn't it also only support one model of Saturn?

PSIO has warnings that it requires an "intermmediate" level of modding of hardware. Even if it was plug 'n play, the potential market is 100+ miillion. The return on investment is unlimited.

MODE is the kind of product for people who buy Everdrives instead of crude flashcarts which require file and folder customization.

Something else to keep in mind is that the only fully functional SNES and N64 flash carts are around the same price as MODE, even though they also have a massive potential market.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Expensive and I have no idea how to install it. Oh well. Cool tho
    Looks like you unscrew some screws, unplug the cd drive, plug in the MODE and screw the screws back in.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Price might be high, but yeah, I think it is justifiable given the product. I mean, nothing else comes close to the support and functions that it has at (presumably) the level of quality.

For what you get, I don't really even feel that the price is that high.

Spot on . Plus it no doubt be a better product and far easier for most people to buy . Can't wait for mine to ship and it will almost be a GOD send to no longer have to endure the DC loading sounds and it be so good , to have all my Saturn games able to all be stored on the Harddrive and all able to be played on a stock Saturn .
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

I'd get it if I had a credit card. I just can't seem to get one because I have no credit history. Why I miss out on this kinda stuff all the time. I was hoping for the stimulus check for the polymega but they have yet to send it and the Polymega is sold out. I heard Walmart will sell them but that is $100 more than what Poly was asking. WTF? So It just seems I will have to rely on real hardware til they all die and just move on after that.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Terraonion are not pricing against the cheaper products. They are offering a true professionally done retail product, one that offers the most features, slickest menu's, and easiest to use. Everything they make sells out constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    It's competing with the price of a modchip/pseudosaturn cart, stack of CDRs, and a new optical pickup.

As it stands right now, a Fenrir or Satiator + chink gdemu clone will be cheaper.

edit: not sure if it was pointed out, but the current price for the terraonion ode is right now a Preorder price - final device price could be different, perhaps even more expensive.
    Probably not that different, and may still be cheaper than the PC-Engine CD thing they sell. As I said, they're not competing with folks who want to go the cheapest route, and are welcome to. I personally can't be bothered with those routes, and I find GDEMU (i've had one forever) to be a nuisance to setup on the SD cards.

Fenrir may approach the MODE down the road, but it doesn't even support games like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Tengai Makyou The Apocalypse IV and I assume Sakura Wars (I haven't played through to disc 2).

They seem to be releasing tiny batches at set times the same as what led to Phoebe/Rhea gouging. If they are releasing it before it's finished and have difficulty with production, chances are updates will slow to a crawl.

I believe that Satiator is still another work in progress relying on donations.

This like people who want to wait until an upcoming console generation winds down or gets retired, so they can buy one "cheap".

It's only theoretically cheap to wait years for an alternate product to potentially reach completion or the same functional equivalent of an "expensive" device ready ship in a few weeks. Even if it ever happens you still missed out on years of actual game playing.

Thread Information