Quantcast

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: What is the next SEGA series you expect to be revived?

  1. #1
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,851
    Rep Power
    59

    Sega CD What is the next SEGA series you expect to be revived?

    SEGA seems to be reviving a lot of old series. Mainly outsourced but new entries and remakes. This is not so much asking what you want but what you think we can reasonably expect a sequel/revival/remake of? I don't think Skies or Ecco is happening at all. Or do you think this trend is winding down?


    Personally I can see them handing Golden Axe off to indie dev, maybe even Lizardcube. (Personally I'd want Vanillaware to make it. Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere have such great art unlike anything else and good gameplay to boot but that is not realistic)

    I do wish they would localize that Virtual On game on PS4 and re-release Afterburner Climax. I don't expect either but the latter should not take too much effort right?
    Last edited by Leynos; 04-24-2020 at 04:29 AM.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  2. #2
    Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    SEGA seems to be reviving a lot of old series. Mainly outsourced but new entries and remakes. This is not so much asking what you want but what you think we can reasonably expect a sequel/revival/remake of? I don't think Skies or Ecco is happening at all. Or do you think this trend is winding down?


    Personally I can see them handing Golden Axe off to indie dev, maybe even Lizardcube. (Personally I'd want Vanillaware to make it. Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere have such great art unlike anything else and good gameplay to boot)

    I do wish they would localize that Virtual On game on PS4 and re-release Afterburner Climax. I don't expect either but the latter should not take too much effort right?
    Expect? Probably a main 3D sonic game on home consoles and PC, if that counts as a 'revival'. It's been a while since the last one. A phantasy star revival doesn't seem to crazy to me though, if we're taking about more "dead" franchises.

    A Panzer Dragoon RPG continuation is high on my list of games that I hope for, but probably won't happen. I really love the world that game was set in.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

  3. #3
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,776
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    I don't want cheap quick outsourced stuff like Panzer or SOR, but I like to see In-House AAA titles from SEGA if we're on about making sequels or updates to IP. This is what I would like to see....

    Binary Domain II - Much the same as the 1st game, just more levels and 4 player On-Line co-op for the story mode

    JSRF Remastered - Nice quick remaster (the game still looks ace) and just freelance the ex sound team, to make new tracks for the tracks SEGA can no longer get the rights too.

    Chromhounds II - Basically, just have Fromsoftware ok I know it's out soucing) more or less remake the original with next-gen gfx and some more content. IMO the original was the best LIVE game on the 360.

    Skies Of Arcadia Remake - Have the Valkyria team remake make the classic with a new Canvas engine II, but like with Capcom remakes of RE 2/3. Look to add tons of new content and make it feel like a brand new game.

    Soul Reverse - Everyone seems to have their own Deamon Souls rip off and the Arcade game from SEGA looks awesome. Make a consumer based game, building the on the Arcade game with next-gen graphics.

    Power Drift II - The world needs simple fun Arcade racers and not all this open world stuff. Just have next-gen graphics with more insane rollercoaster, stomach churning like tracks
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  4. #4
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,851
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I don't want cheap quick outsourced stuff like Panzer or SOR, but I like to see In-House AAA titles from SEGA if we're on about making sequels or updates to IP. This is what I would like to see....

    Binary Domain II - Much the same as the 1st game, just more levels and 4 player On-Line co-op for the story mode

    JSRF Remastered - Nice quick remaster (the game still looks ace) and just freelance the ex sound team, to make new tracks for the tracks SEGA can no longer get the rights too.

    Chromhounds II - Basically, just have Fromsoftware ok I know it's out soucing) more or less remake the original with next-gen gfx and some more content. IMO the original was the best LIVE game on the 360.

    Skies Of Arcadia Remake - Have the Valkyria team remake make the classic with a new Canvas engine II, but like with Capcom remakes of RE 2/3. Look to add tons of new content and make it feel like a brand new game.

    Soul Reverse - Everyone seems to have their own Deamon Souls rip off and the Arcade game from SEGA looks awesome. Make a consumer based game, building the on the Arcade game with next-gen graphics.

    Power Drift II - The world needs simple fun Arcade racers and not all this open world stuff. Just have next-gen graphics with more insane rollercoaster, stomach churning like tracks
    You missed the entire point of the thread. Not about what you WANT but what is realisticly reasonable to expect.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  5. #5
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,776
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    You missed the entire point of the thread. Not about what you WANT but what is realisticly reasonable to expect.
    I haven't even began to list what I really want. If I was to be doing that sort of stuff.. I'll be calling for Out Run 3, Rez II, Panzer Dragoon 4 and Panzer Dragoon Saga II, Sega Rally 4, JSRF II , Deep Fear II Ect..

    I've kept it IP that Sega is more than able to make sequels too or could look to bring to the home . Also if one was really to put down what will SEGA really do, it's so easy ..more Yakuza, more Sonic, more Football Manager and a few old IPs outsourced :P
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  6. #6
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    What realistically to expect? Nothing.
    Probably some other indie outsourced projects, but nothing more.

  7. #7
    Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Bonanza Bros Mania or bust

    for real though, i always think Shinobi is the most likely, but as was said, it could easily be an indie dev team trying to get Chakan the Forever Man right


  8. #8
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I think a remastered Skies of Arcadia is possible actually since one of the main developers has been active on Twitter about wanting it to happen. Probably a remastered port of the Gamecube or Dreamcast version rather than a full blown RE2 style reimagining. Full blown reimagining, could see Sonic Adventure getting the treatment. Maybe an arcade racing game remastered collection. Could also imagine a title like Blue Stinger being remastered and Power Stone, third party/hybrid wise.

  9. #9
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    none of them, because it was these old ips that SEGA went bankrupt,Sega's old ips don't sell well is not worth the investment, SegaSammy did well to distance itself from them, since genesis only sonic has good sales.

    throughout history sega tried to revive ips, shinobi, altered beast, golden axe and others only started to see profit after abandoned them and started to create new ips like yakuza, buy franchises like total war, to license franchises like Alien and Bayonetta, a most recent proof that itís not worth it was Panzer D Remake.

  10. #10
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,776
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegaDreamcast View Post
    I think a remastered Skies of Arcadia is possible actually since one of the main developers has been active on Twitter about wanting it to happen.
    Hopefully SEGA will look into it. Remasters are really in vogue at the moment and ok having to remodel everything would be a big undertaking, but the story or game world doesn't need to be changed much. Sort out the battle system and have the game look amazing in Canvas or better yet a new Canvas II engine. It would be a nice way to see if the Team are up to making a possible sequel too, as well to see if there is a demand for it.

    I so wish Sonic Team would give Sonic Adv a full remaster running in the Hedgehog II engine. Its a fab game and a remaster could clear up all the camera and clipping issues Ect. I'm quite looking forward to what SEGA will do on the next-gen, their quality as improved and now that Sammy can see that Mobile gaming, isn't quite the promised land they hoped. Even more focus and more resources will be put to console AAA development
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  11. #11
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sister Sonic! The world still weeps for it's fallen champion!
    Other than the obvious ^ though: Kid Chameleon and the Ooze could use a bit of love; though as much as I love Burning Rangers, I'd fear it may end up with the Nights-Journey treatment; and who need that, my good folk?
    Last edited by robotnikthelax; 04-30-2020 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Much too silly the first time around!

  12. #12
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Oh, wait! "Expect to be revived"? I hadn't read that bit as well as I thought. Expect, eh? Harder to tell, that; nothing's as viable as back in the 90's- everything has to be played so safe these days... that really limits the prospects. Golden Axe, Space Channel, Phantasy Star... Columns? AHA! Then the pieces would really fall into place!

  13. #13
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,836
    Rep Power
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegaDreamcast View Post
    I think a remastered Skies of Arcadia is possible actually since one of the main developers has been active on Twitter about wanting it to happen. Probably a remastered port of the Gamecube or Dreamcast version rather than a full blown RE2 style reimagining. Full blown reimagining, could see Sonic Adventure getting the treatment. Maybe an arcade racing game remastered collection. Could also imagine a title like Blue Stinger being remastered and Power Stone, third party/hybrid wise.
    It would be a perfect fit for the Switch.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  14. #14
    Raging in the Streets Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,976
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robotnikthelax View Post
    Oh, wait! "Expect to be revived"? I hadn't read that bit as well as I thought. Expect, eh? Harder to tell, that; nothing's as viable as back in the 90's- everything has to be played so safe these days... that really limits the prospects. Golden Axe, Space Channel, Phantasy Star... Columns? AHA! Then the pieces would really fall into place!
    Puyo Puyo vs Columns

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •