Quantcast

Thread: Virtua Racing Deluxe (JP) (Super 32X) (Formula) (Manual Transmission) (Hard)

Hero of Algol

32X Virtua Racing Deluxe (JP) (Super 32X) (Formula) (Manual Transmission) (Hard)

Best Lap Time and Best Total Time in all five runs.

Difficulty: Hard
    Transmission: Manual

Setup:
    Japanese MD + JP Super 32X + Tyco Power Plug + JP ASCII PAD 6B

Hero of Algol

Default Ending

#Respect mate
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Niiiiiiice.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

wow and you have a japanese 32x!

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Thumbs up

Nice job!!

I know from my own experience and love of this game (on 32x), that it's extremely difficult / almost impossible to score in the top 5 in Highland. It took me forever to do that, and that's after making rank in the other 4 stages, without it seeming impossible.

I haven't yet unlocked mirror-mode because I'm playing via emulation nowadays, and apparently I didn't make rank in the other stages yet, in this save file (though I have done that on real hardware, in the past). In emulation I just focused on Highland until I finally did that. So now, I just need to go back and clear the other stages.

Questions: Can you please explain your settings preferences, i.e. why do u choose manual, and how exactly does that enhance your gameplay? (For example, do you think that you have more control, or more speed, from using manual?)

Also, does the constant shifting... burden the experience (with more difficulty / complications)? Or does it actually improve the gameplay experience, overall?

Do you think manual makes it easier to perform well (once u get used to it)?

Asking because I never tried manual, and I'm also not experienced with other racing games in general.

This is basically the only one racing game I've ever gotten into. And I always just used automatic to keep the controls more streamlined.

But if you speak highly of manual then you may prompt me to try that.

Also, since you unlocked mirror-mode (by ranking in top 5 for each stage IIRC): Have you found mirror-mode to be enjoyable / worthwhile to spend time on? (Or do u think it's a pointless new mode?)

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Oh also: Does playing on Hard actually change anything, besides shrinking the time limit?

Does Hard mode enhance gameplay or make it more fun? Or just a more difficult challenge to overcome the timer?

Thread Information