Quantcast

Thread: Color banding after installing The triple Bypass board on Genny3 VA2

Default Color banding after installing The triple Bypass board on Genny3 VA2

Thank you to those who take the time to read this thread.

I am having strange problem with my genesis 3.
    I recently installed a Triple bypass board and also recapped my genesis 3 at the same time. Once i tried it I did not notice any problems until I started playing sonic games. In sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles I notice that in stages that are primarily light brown and blue, a color band appears and can become noticeable. I also gave a genesis 2 which I modded in the same fashion and it shows everything perfect.

If anyone has had someone like this happened to them please let me know. I recapped the system using a console5 kit and was careful about using the wrong size capacitor so I don't think that it may be the problem but who knows...

HTML Code:
    https://imgur.com/AtHeSYc
    HTML Code:
    https://imgur.com/8RyJCNj

Are you using the same power supply on your Gen3 and you did with your Gen2? Are both of the pics you posted from the Gen3 or is one from the Gen2 and one from the Gen3?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Are you using the same power supply on your Gen3 and you did with your Gen2? Are both of the pics you posted from the Gen3 or is one from the Gen2 and one from the Gen3?
    Thank you for answering.
    Yes, I am using an AC adaptor from a Sega genesis 2. Do you believe that may be the problem? It wasn't doing this prior to the mod.

Both pictures are from the Genesis 3.

Well honestly I was having a difficult time seeing what it was you are talking about. I think I see it in the second pic where the color hues appear to be different midway through the screen image? Especially noticed on the left hand side of that pic?

It is almost like what you see when there is an issue with power or rather not enough current/voltage getting to all the parts in the system. But I can't say I've seen that with a Sega system or at least not from such a late made console although I have seen an early model Neo-Geo AES do it when the power supply wasn't quite doing the business.

Thread Information