Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GLUF - arcade puzzle game

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Default GLUF - arcade puzzle game

Hey guys. I just found this. I haven't tried it yet.

https://retrosouls.itch.io/gluf-16bit

GLUF (Sega Mega Drive and Genesis)

Meet our friend GLUF. If you think he is an ordinary frog then you would be mistaken as GLUF is a Tesla frog that can accumulate power from generators. Which comes in handy to power up platforms because…well why not?

GLUF is an arcade puzzle game that sees you guide your frog across all of the platform sections on each level in order to power them up before moving on to the next level. But in order to light up the platform sections, GLUF himself must be charged up and he does this by hopping across to the numerous battery tiles located on each level.

Once powered up, moving across onto a platform section will result in it changing to a colour, denoting that it has been charged up. Each time you light up a panel, GLUF’s power cell reduces by one unit, which means that he will periodically have to recharge in order to complete a level. To make your way around all tiles, you will find yourself taking elevators up and down or standing on disintegrating platforms to give you a way through to what initially looks like inaccessible areas. When you hop across all tiles an exit door appears and you need to make your way to it in order to proceed to the next level.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

I like how effective and the unique art style is pulled off. Feels completely solid, like a professional release.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Master of Shinobi

this belongs to the new homebrew subfourm, doesn't it?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    You mean Blast Processing? I missed that.
    I don't think I can move the thread myself, but mods, feel free.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    You mean Blast Processing? I missed that.
    I don't think I can move the thread myself, but mods, feel free.
    No, I mean Blast Processing's own subforum Developer's Den:
    https://www.sega-16.com/forum/forumd...eveloper-s-Den

I think it's new as per suggested in the past weeks?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Ah, I didn't notice it. Shouldn't the other threads here (Xeno Crisis, Jap homebrews, Project Alexandra, Ellenica...) also be moved there, then?

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Nice share, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Ah, I didn't notice it. Shouldn't the other threads here (Xeno Crisis, Jap homebrews, Project Alexandra, Ellenica...) also be moved there, then?
    Since Blast Processing was added this forum was so inconsistent about which homebrew is moved that it's silly. I think the closest to consistency here has been "are there cartridges ready for preorder?" but it feels gatekeepy. And now Developer's Den being buried into a subcategory only makes it worse, that it got overlooked here in the first place should be a clue.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Skullkid's Avatar

With a forum as, er, tranquil as this one I think there is no harm in posting in multiple subforums of related content.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Since Blast Processing was added this forum was so inconsistent about which homebrew is moved that it's silly. I think the closest to consistency here has been "are there cartridges ready for preorder?" but it feels gatekeepy. And now Developer's Den being buried into a subcategory only makes it worse, that it got overlooked here in the first place should be a clue.
    That's why I suggested a plain "Homebrew" main forum. Anyway I guess it takes time to move all those threads?

Concerning GLUF, I think I prefered Retro Soul's own earlier 2020 effort Yazzie presentation, though.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nemezes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Should move xeno crisis, arkagis, project alexandra and even paprium to developers den.

I dont know why classify in developer den. Why not keep everything in genesis does?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

I would just make an "Classic Mega Drive" subforum, and a "New Mega Drive" one. You know, the lines between homebrew and commercial are getting blurry with games like Pier Solar, Xeno Crisis, Tänzer, Tanglewood...

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    I would just make an "Classic Mega Drive" subforum, and a "New Mega Drive" one. You know, the lines between homebrew and commercial are getting blurry with games like Pier Solar, Xeno Crisis, Tänzer, Tanglewood...
    They are all "homebrew" in that the term is now synonymous with aftermarket development.

I would NOT make a difference between non-commercial small one person projects and bigger projects. IMHO the big difference is between an officially licensed game released during the console's lifetime and any other unlicensed aftermarket effort. That's why I suggested a Homebrew forum (ideally not a genesis does subforum), to be able to keep track of everything that's being done now and in recent years (with or without hacks, which would be both classic and new, nihilback).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

That's why I think a Classic/New division would be better than Commercial/Homebrew/Developers... You can talk about the golden era in one, and about what's new today, whatever that is, in the other one.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nemezes's Avatar

And perlin pippin thread got lost in developer den subforum.

Thread Information