Quantcast

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mad Stalker coming on cart by Columbus Circle (?)

I realize it's a Japanese company, but as I said, my hope is for the original prototype to be released. That was not developed by this group, they simply acquired the code.

That's about as likely to happen as the Ultracore prototype being released.

Hero of Algol

I think a Russian or Brazilian dump of the actual Mad Stalker cartridge is a far more likely scenario than anything else.

Though I have ordered the physical cart, I hope someone dumps it. I hear those Columbus Circle boards aren't very good to put into your system, lacking that 5V regulator thingy.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hero of Algol

Given that the 16-bit Rhythm "game" was illegally dumped and distributed in the Internet, I don't see why this one wouldn't be too.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Though I have ordered the physical cart, I hope someone dumps it. I hear those Columbus Circle boards aren't very good to put into your system, lacking that 5V regulator thingy.
    What is it with that? I see people making repros that make higher quality carts than some of these companies that are rereleasing games.

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

This is pretty sweet. I played the X68k one when I had it...decent game.
    My Website:
    SEGASONICFAN DESIGNS

Sorry, I don't respond to PM's for repair advice. Please consider posting on the forums - your question might be somebody else's answer!
    I offer free repair advice through public forums as a service to the community and as a repository of information.
    If you cannot post here, I recommend these places that don't have posting restrictions:
    https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php
    https://www.smspower.org/forums/
    https://www.obscuregamers.com/forums/

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

I know it's based on the X68k version, but can you play as different characters in the Mega Drive version?
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

The game has been dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post
    The game has been dumped.
    Holy smokes. I don't know how I feel about this. It's still available for purchase.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

The problem with Columbus Circle releases is, they use thicker, unbeveled PCBs. Which potentially fuck your cart slot up. They had plenty of time to change to something higher quality. But never seemed to bother.

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't even aware that it's a problem. They aren't going to change that if nobody tells them :​P (and no, shouting in an English forum that doesn't get much activity anymore is not going to work)

It's not like the voltage mess which is straight up dangerous and honestly I'm surprised it doesn't burn the Flash chip immediately, unbeveled boards do still fit in the cartridge slot. The problem is that it leaves less wiggle room for inserting the cartridge, so you have to be careful to not push down a pin. Beveled boards are less prone to damage the cartridge slot that way (though you still can do it if you're reckless, mind — the shell is supposed to help prevent this, however).

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't even aware that it's a problem. They aren't going to change that if nobody tells them :​P (and no, shouting in an English forum that doesn't get much activity anymore is not going to work)

It's not like the voltage mess which is straight up dangerous and honestly I'm surprised it doesn't burn the Flash chip immediately, unbeveled boards do still fit in the cartridge slot. The problem is that it leaves less wiggle room for inserting the cartridge, so you have to be careful to not push down a pin. Beveled boards are less prone to damage the cartridge slot that way (though you still can do it if you're reckless, mind — the shell is supposed to help prevent this, however).
    I just asked about this in the Darius thread. This is a shame that they are not really making good quality carts. I still find it incredible that I've gotten some Repros of translated Japanese shmups that I can play on US Genesis consoles, and some of these repros are really, really great quality. There has to be a serious conversation about where this is going, because some of the original carts go for such outrageous prices, and these repros are getting better and better.

Can anyone comment on the safety, quality, and life expectancy of these repros? I only get repros of homebrew and translated Japanese games, but I've seen plenty of people that just moved on to flash karts and repros, and they haven't had any issue with their repros. I can totally see the benefit of a Flash cart, but I love the physical presence of carts, and cart art, and inserting carts. So if it's a game I really like, I tend to get a repro. (Eliminate Down, Greylancer, Verytex, etc.)

Road Rasher

I compared the Columbus Circle cart to the Mega SG GG, SMS, and SG-1000/MKIII adapters and was surprised to find out that they are all unbeveled/poorly beveled.

I completed it in Normal and Hard level, just LOVED this port!

The first thing that impressed me was the Soundtrack... AMAZING STUFF! For comparisson i heard the OST from the original x68000 version and actually prefered this new YM2612 rendition of the soundtrack even compared with the PCE CD... Really STUNNING!

A criticize: Noticed some lack of polish like the total inexistence of any type of Scroll in the plane B in all the stages (excepet for the elevator stage).
    For example in the last battle with the static sky behind looks really weird.

A really great version of this game that, unfortunately, was lost untill this year.

Can't wait to see more Unreleased stuff coming to life!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Thread Information