Quantcast

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Stalker coming on cart by Columbus Circle (?)

The link is here if somebody wants to try
    https://www.columbuscircle.co.jp/pro...1-926401&ca=22

Also 4gamer is talking about it (in Japanese tho)
    https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20200527043/

Here's a video too:

H32 confirmed I guess (because they forgot to stretch the video to the correct aspect ratio lol)

Is the music from the MD version? Sounds like it (crunchier drums), and it sounds amazing.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Looks overall as underwhelming as the PC Engine version.

Except now it has parallax, some nicer coloring, some slowdown (?), a single tile layer/bar-style HUD.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

You see this and you kind of get what Heavy Nova was trying to go for.

OK, so how do I buy this? Buyee says there are some purchasing restrictions...
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    Is the music from the MD version? Sounds like it (crunchier drums), and it sounds amazing.
    I guess, because I just went check all the other versions and (assuming I didn't miss any) it doesn't sound like any of those.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Earlier, with little time, I was in a conversation with a friend, and I realized that they completely removed the color cycles, I felt that this lack simplified the look a little.
    With a little more calm and observation I can see some virtues and also write something better for a preview.

Just to be aware, it's just a limited view based on the trailer, nothing definitive!

As a basis of comparison we will use and think of the X68000 as definitive.
    There is also the FM Towns version, which was the basis for the PC Engine version and lent some assets to the Mega Drive, but because it is less than x68000 and less accessible, it will only be used as a reference for the PC Engine.

Color palette - Mega Drive has the colors based on the x68000 version with more contrast.
    PC Engine has a palette based on FM Towns, with a choice of more pop colors.
    A good example of comparison and easy to understand, is the end of stage 3, Mega Drive follows the color pattern of the X68000 with colors imitating steel close to brown and blue shades, in PC Engine / FM Towns it was totally modified to a purple combo and blue (less pastel and more pop).

Details - Mega and PC Engine has a great level of details, but all the foreground is gone, this absence is very visible in the first stage with loss of grids, cars and several Kaneda bikes, lol
    At the top of the first stage, it seems to me that there are no more cars moving on the track.
    On the stage that we are on top of a ship, you notice that in the x68000 you have two planes of clouds and you can see the city down there, in Mega and PC we don't have that depth.
    The PC Engine version has a neon color cycle and some lamps on the Mega apparently do not have a color cycle.
    The Mega Version has Parallax and some details preserved that between the first and the second plan absent in the PC Engine, is very visible in the boss of the third stage where in the back of the fight there is a grid that does not exist in the PC Engine.

A strange thing is that even though the PC Engine has a palette with more colors available, some shading has been lost in the artistic transition (perhaps because it is used as the base version of FM Towns), at the top of the first stage where there are cars on the track, the sky behind of the buildings is completely black, in the X68000 version there is a variation of purple and in the Mega a yellowish brown previously used.
    Mega Drive prescribes several shaders from the original game, even copying existing colors, but loses in amount of color, making it a darker version than the others.

Hud - The Mega Drive version has a very simple hud with black bar and few colors (it seems to take advantage of the lowres mode of the mega), in this aspect much lower than the Hud of the PC Engine, which remains practically the same as the X68000.

Music - for the little you can see in the trailer, the work done at Mega is great, it looks strong and blunt, with a brief perception of being more interesting than the other great tracks.

X68000 - very beautiful base version, with all the details and detailed foreground, the Kaneda bike is so cool.

PC Engine - great cutscenes "anime" between stages, and arrange soundtrack.

Mega Drive - greater balance of details near the X68000, and for now the most interesting song.

Update:

The friend turboxray drew attention to the FM Towns version and its assets, updated preview.
    Last edited by Chev Chelios; 05-28-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Chev Chelios View Post
    Earlier with little time, I was in a conversation with my friend, I realized that they completely removed the color signs, I felt that this lack impoverished the visuals a little.
    With a little more calm and observation I can write something better.

Just to be aware, it's just a limited view based on the trailer, nothing definitive!

Let's use and think of the X68000 as definitive.

The Mega Drive version has a mix of elements between the X68000 version and PC Engine.

Color palette - Mega Drive has the colors based on the x68000 version, the PC engine version as usual has the artistic freedom to seek something more colorful, with more vivid colors and in some moments totally different from the original.
    A good example of comparison and easy to understand, is that at the end of Stage 3 the Mega follows the color pattern of the X68000 with colors imitating steel close to brown and blue shadows, in PC Engine it was totally modified to a purple and blue combo , the 2 versions are beautiful, a matter of taste.

Details - good on both Mega and PC engine versions, a whole foreground plan went away, the first stage is very visible with grids and several Tetsuo bikes, lol
    At the top, it seems to me that there are no more cars on the track.
    On the Stage that has clouds near the end, you notice that in the Original you have a plan with the city down there in Mega and not PC.
    The PC engine version has a neon color cycle and some lamps the Mega does not.
    The Mega Version has Parallax and some details that are between the foreground and the second were preserved and lost in the PC Engine, it is visible in the boss of the third stage where in the back of the fight there is a grid that does not exist in the PC Engine.

A strange thing is that even though the PC Engine has a palette with more colors available, some shaders were lost in the artistic transition, at the top of the first stage where there are cars on the track, the sky behind the buildings was completely black, in the X68000 there is a variation of purple and in the Mega a yellowish brown previously used.
    Mega prescribes several shaders from the original game, even copying existing colors, but loses in amount of color, becoming a darker version than the others.

Hud - The Mega Drive version has the bad Hud with black bar and few colors, much lower than the Hud engine, which remains pretty much the same as the X68000.

Music - for the little that you can see in the trailer, the work done on Mega is great, even with the hardware limitations, it seems stronger and blunt, with more personality, risk saying that it is more interesting than the others.

X68000 - very beautiful base version, with all details and very beautiful foreground, Tetsuo motorcycle is so cool.

PC Engine - great cutscenes between “anime style” stages and interesting new colors.

Mega Drive - greater balance of details close to the X68000, and for now the most interesting music.
    You forgot about the FM-Towns version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGcTPYG31Vw. Which the PCE and MD version share assets from.

Thanks my friend.

An interesting point is the FM Towns version.

I will edit my original post.
    Last edited by Chev Chelios; 05-27-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Color palette - Mega Drive has the colors based on the x68000 version, the PC engine version as usual has the artistic freedom to seek something more colorful, with more vivid colors and in some moments totally different from the original.
    Only if you've got an RGB mod or playing in an emulator. Neither are accurate PCE colors. The PCE has 512 "YUV" colors (it's an internal table), not RGB. RGB was never official or used. The 512 digital YUV colors are less saturated and have a different brightness ram (as well hue range being slightly different than straight RGB). No emulator or RGB mods get the colors right. On the real system, the colors in the game are not overly vivid or colorful, and definitely not as "warm": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klPgcUNq5yU

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Only if you've got an RGB mod or playing in an emulator. Neither are accurate PCE colors. The PCE has 512 "YUV" colors (it's an internal table), not RGB. RGB was never official or used. The 512 digital YUV colors are less saturated and have a different brightness ram (as well hue range being slightly different than straight RGB). No emulator or RGB mods get the colors right. On the real system, the colors in the game are not overly vivid or colorful, and definitely not as "warm": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klPgcUNq5yU
    I made some edits...

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    the first thing thats drags me, its the music!
    Its amazing holy shit.

The games seems to runs and plays very well too

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

looking at the video seems thats they using 1 pallete just to mech damage, its shared by hud and explosions.

Earlier, with little time, I was in a conversation with a friend, and I realized that they completely removed the color cycles, I felt that this lack simplified the look a little.
    With a little more calm and observation I can see some virtues and also write something better for a preview.

As a basis of comparison we will use and think of the X68000 as definitive.
    There is also the FM Towns version, which was the basis for the PC Engine version and lent some assets to the Mega Drive, but because it is less than x68000 and less accessible, it will only be used as a reference for the PC Engine.

Color palette - Mega Drive has the colors based on the x68000 version with more contrast.
    PC Engine has a palette based on FM Towns, with a choice of more pop colors.
    A good example of comparison and easy to understand, is the end of stage 3, Mega Drive follows the color pattern of the X68000 with colors imitating steel close to brown and blue shades, in PC Engine / FM Towns it was totally modified to a purple combo and blue (less pastel and more pop).

Details - Mega and PC Engine has a great level of details, but all the foreground is gone, this absence is very visible in the first stage with loss of grids, cars and several Tetsuo bikes, lol
    At the top of the first stage, it seems to me that there are no more cars moving on the track.
    On the stage that we are on top of a ship, you notice that in the x68000 you have two planes of clouds and you can see the city down there, in Mega and PC we don't have that depth.
    The PC Engine version has a neon color cycle and some lamps on the Mega apparently do not have a color cycle.
    The Mega Version has Parallax and some details preserved that between the first and the second plan absent in the PC Engine, is very visible in the boss of the third stage where in the back of the fight there is a grid that does not exist in the PC Engine.

A strange thing is that even though the PC Engine has a palette with more colors available, some shading has been lost in the artistic transition (perhaps because it is used as the base version of FM Towns), at the top of the first stage where there are cars on the track, the sky behind of the buildings is completely black, in the X68000 version there is a variation of purple and in the Mega a yellowish brown previously used.
    Mega Drive prescribes several shaders from the original game, even copying existing colors, but loses in amount of color, making it a darker version than the others.

Hud - The Mega Drive version has a very simple hud with black bar and few colors (it seems to take advantage of the lowres mode of the mega), in this aspect much lower than the Hud of the PC Engine, which remains practically the same as the X68000.

Music - for the little you can see in the trailer, the work done at Mega is great, it looks strong and blunt, with a brief perception of being more interesting than the other great tracks.

X68000 - very beautiful base version, with all the details and detailed foreground, the Tetsuo motorcycle is so cool.

PC Engine - great cutscenes "anime" between stages, and arrange soundtrack.

Mega Drive - greater balance of details near the X68000, and for now the most interesting song.

Update:

The friend turboxray drew attention to the FM Towns version and its assets, updated preview.

Good post, MD version had an advantage to be based on x68k verson what give us parallax bgs thats is not present o fm towns and PCE

Well I've pre-ordered so I guess I will find out in September!

Thread Information