Quantcast

Thread: What happened to the free Dreamcast consoles advertised May, 2000?

Default What happened to the free Dreamcast consoles advertised May, 2000?

Nextgen issue 85 May, 2000 shows Sonic on cover holding cable plug and dreamcast machine; letters left of him state "Dreamcast: Now It's Free" "Only in NextGen". Did these new magazines have coincidence with NextStep from 1994? I'm pretty sure the pre-y2k "Next Generation" had corrupt relationship, but these new ones are probably different.

Thanks.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

You signed up for Earthlink and Sega would reimburse you $200 for the Dreamcast.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

that's a sweet deal - anyone have a link for earthlink? pretty sure they'll honor this

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

https://web.archive.org/web/20000510...earthlink.net/

But yes Gamevet is correct. The offer was mentioned in several magazines of the era.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    https://web.archive.org/web/20000510...earthlink.net/

But yes Gamevet is correct. The offer was mentioned in several magazines of the era.
    I got a pop up when going there. There are some things I do not miss about the year 2000.

I was July's winner! They just need my email address for me to collect the prize.

I was trying to find the keyboard that they'd sent me as well. I don't know where I put it. I called them to find out where my check was, because I was already signed up with Earthlink for 6 months. They'd sent me a $100 check and a free keyboard.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Does it say SEGANet on it? That's the one I have.

Iím pretty sure it does. It came in a plain brown box. I also had the retail keyboard, before it was sent to me, so I never really used it.

I found where I'd stored the keyboards. They were in a large bin at the bottom of a closet. I'd thought that the keyboards were pretty much identical, except for the label. It turns out that there are slight differences like the shape of the space bar and the thickness of the left and right edges.

Attached Images Attached Images

Yup exactly. Same one. I don't have both. Maybe one day will get the Japanese one. I have the Japanese mouse that came with Outrigger.

I've got the North American mouse somewhere.

I found the mouse. It was in a drawer where I put miscellanious stuff.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information