Quantcast

Thread: Remembering Zaxxon: Gaming's Early Steps Into The Third Dimension

arcade Remembering Zaxxon: Gaming's Early Steps Into The Third Dimension

Zaxxon is a true Sega classic that broke ground on many levels. From its innovative isometric perspective to its pioneering use of television promotion, the game redefined the space shooter genre in 1982. Decades removed from its historic debut, it's still a blast to play, proving that great games never lose their shine. Read our retrospective for more information.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

One of the earliest things I recall seeing on TV was a Zaxxon commercial. I remember finding the game to be interesting when it was new, but I didn't enjoy it much at the time, preferring Tempest, Donkey Kong, and Pac-Man.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I remember the 1st time I saw Zaxxon at the local bowling alley. It kicked my ass, but I kept coming back for more. It's a top 20 arcade game for me.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information