Quantcast

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: SEGA has a big tech announcment for it's 60th

WCPO Agent

The Internet rumors are pointing to a deal with Microsoft. I can see where this could be mutually beneficial. Microsoft will get Sega to develop a few exclusive titles (something to help them gain marketshare in Japan) and maybe Sega uses Microsoft's servers for some kind of streaming deal.

A lot of people seem to think the XBox will be branded as a Sega console in Japan, that would be cool to see but the branding by itself wouldn't help much unless there's exclusive content to go with it.

I don't think there's any real substance behind it having to do with Microsoft, it's pure speculation. The journalist insisted it's on the same level as the PS5 stuff (which honestly screams bullshit to me) so people are assuming it'd have to be something to do with a console, and Microsoft would be the most likely candidate for a partnership in that sense… but let's be honest, short of Sega returning to the console market (which was already ruled out by the guy himself) I don't think any Sega-related news would be able to be on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    If it doesn't have something to do with a Sega Saturn mini, then what's the point? We can play everything else easily.
    Dunno, Mednafen already counters that argument (if we assume that Dreamcast games are easy to play, since it's more or less in the same situation unless you're only counting specific games). And there's no way that a Saturn Mini would have the same impact as a PS5 anyway (unless the guy is impressed by being able to squeeze so much out of such underpowered hardware :​P).

Master of Shinobi

I'd vouch for a Sonic: The Movie : The Game announcement
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

it's not a partnership between ms and sega, Daniel ahmad zhugex said it.

imo is a new sega console for haters' sadness.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

I'm already prepared to be underwhelmed. This is the best approach.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    I'm already prepared to be underwhelmed. This is the best approach.
    A random journalist teasing a magazine column he wrote halfway through a 4-hour live stream - why would you ever think this would be underwhelming?!

Obviously, Sony, MS, and Nintendo have decided to join forces and have elected Sega to lead the enterprise. It has to be true - I heard a rumor from a guy on Twitter.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

new deal with ATgames

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Obviously, Sony, MS, and Nintendo have decided to join forces and have elected Sega to lead the enterprise. It has to be true - I heard a rumor from a guy on Twitter.
    The Mega Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    new deal with ATgames
    Sega rescuing Ms Pac-Man away from AtGames and giving it to Bandai Namco.

One thing I would love they did but that's never going to happen: a portable console. Affordable and without needless gimmicks.
    A very wise Mighty Pirate™ once said: "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

No shock to anyone. The Xbox rumor is bullshit http://segabits.com/blog/2020/06/01/...ader-in-china/

Maybe just arcade related.

Or a wild idea they would never happen. SEGA does something similar to Polymega. Plays all their old systems games.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Master of Shinobi

Rebranding an Xbox as a Sega console is too late now, they should've done it 20 years ago with the original Xbox (it was by all intents and purposes a Dreamcast 2 anyway). They would've sold tons of Xboxes in Japan if they did that - instead of the few thousand for every generation. Have they even reached a cumulative 1 million sales in Japan for all Xboxes, combined?

Nameless One

With new consoles coming out this year. It's time for a NEW Sonic game. My crystal ball can't tell if it's 3d Sonic game or racing.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

It's gonna be a full sized Sega Genesis with wifi and HDMI, BUT! its gonna run a totally different OS and will come with a 4TB HDD and will allow you to purchase roms/isos of all of Sega's consoles and fan stuff like Sonic Mania/Streets of Rage Remake.
    It will be the ultimate Sega console, one console to play them all!

SMS/Gen/Sat/DC wireless joypads sold separately.

who am I kidding, its going to be a virtual holo zoo, project H-Orbi 2 dx or something

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by homerhomer View Post
    With new consoles coming out this year. It's time for a NEW Sonic game. My crystal ball can't tell if it's 3d Sonic game or racing.
    Sonic The Movie: The Game is what would sell the most IMO
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Thread Information