Quantcast

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: SEGA has a big tech announcment for it's 60th

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Exclamation RUMOR: SEGA has a big tech announcment for it's 60th

https://gamestalk.net/post-143741/

During his latest YouTube live stream, Japanese technology journalist Zenji Nishikawa teased he will have a “huge scoop” on the level of Wired’s initial PlayStation 5 article in the June 4-due issue of Weekly Famitsu.

Nishikawa has a regular digital technology column in the magazine called “Complicated Conversation About Games.” His scoop for the June 4-due issue is said to be “revolutionary” and “will rile up the games industry.”

Nishikawa’s comments are as follows (starts at 2:07:41):

My column in next week’s issue of Famitsu is crazy. I got a huge scoop… It’s a world premiere article. And an exclusive. It may not be Nikkei or Weekly Bunshun, but if you want to know if it’s a scoop that big…it totally is! It’s a scoop from a game company that everyone loves. An insane scoop. Last year, Wired got the exclusive story on PlayStation 5, right? Other media didn’t. It’s that level of a scoop. I interviewed a certain company’s executive and technical staff, it’s really revolutionary… really, it’s a revolution.

It’ll be in Famitsu next Thursday. I already sent in my manuscript, so the proofs are being made now. It’s a scoop on a level that when the story comes out, other media will make a fuss to the company like, “Why didn’t you let us cover it?” Maybe people will say, “Who was the first to break that story?,” “It was Zenji Nishikawa, right?” It’s a scoop as major as the PlayStation 5 scoop. I just wanted to say that in advance.

I can’t say [anything more] here, but it’s OK for me to tease it (laughs). I was told that it’s OK to do so at various meetings. It’s being talked about in other places. Just not by the media. It’ll rile up the games industry.

After this, Nishikawa reportedly confirmed the scoop is Sega-related after accidentally letting the name slip when mentioning the company’s public relations. However, it did not seem problematic. After his slip-up was pointed out in the comments, Nishikawa said, “Did I say Sega? Then it’s Sega.” He also said it’s not Dreamcast 2.

While we cannot be certain whether Nishikawa was simply teasing when confirming the company as Sega, June 3 does mark the 60th anniversary of the Japanese giant, meaning there could be some news around that date. The company began its 60th anniversary promotional campaign back in March.

Thanks, Games Talk.

Mini system? Past console handheld or arcade?
    Cloud service?
    Another SEGA forever kinda thing?
    They slapped stickers on a Laptop like they did a decade ago?
    More news on the new SEGA Nomad that has been silent since last year?
    Another SEGA brand weight scale?
    Something exclusive to japan that makes this thread pointless?

Expecting to be underwhelmed if true.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

nextgen new home console

WCPO Agent

I hope it is new hardware. "Rise From Your Grave" could be the tagline.

More realistically -- I'm expecting a new Sonic game and some kind of streaming service.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Hmm, he said it's not "Dreamcast 2". He didn't say it's not a game system. Game Gear 2!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

He said he interviewed a technical staff member, so probably something hardware related?

He's speaking for the Japanese crowd, so I highly doubt it's a new Sonic game.

It could be some kind of streaming service, or a revitalization of an arcade property.

I suspect the general reaction here is going to be a lukewarm "Oh, OK. I guess that's cool." But maybe we'll be surprised.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Holographic Augmented Reality Zoo. (Japan only)

Well I mean, they already did the "holographic" stuff… (it was mirrors but shhh)
    http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=691&page=1#1802
    http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=709&page=1#1961

(also looked up Time Traveler and oh god)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

I remember playing it in arcades. Other than looking cool. It sucked as a "game".

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

And it cost a whopping 75 cents back in 1991. Looked cool, though.

Sega Microsoft merge, the Xbox one X will be released in JApan under the name of "Sega X".

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    I remember playing it in arcades. Other than looking cool. It sucked as a "game".
    Yep! Played it once and never looked back. Totally cheesy!
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Outrunner

MrSega will now be back spamming the Orbi Razor console from Sega...

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

The Sega 64X will bring 64 bit power to the Sega Genesis, with even greater graphical fidelity than every before imagined. The launch title for the accessory will be Sonic Mania X.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    The Sega 64X will bring 64 bit power to the Sega Genesis, with even greater graphical fidelity than every before imagined. The launch title for the accessory will be Sonic Mania X.
    LOL! I actually made that same joke on here several years ago but we still need the Super 16X add-on for the Master System, it's going to include a Blast Processor!

Master of Shinobi

It will be something underwhelming, like they'll translate the new segata ads into English or some such bullshit.

Thread Information