Quantcast

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: SEGA has a big tech announcment for it's 60th

Hero of Algol

Sega Orbi is upon us!

Quote Originally Posted by chinitosoccer View Post
    Sega Microsoft merge, the Xbox one X will be released in JApan under the name of "Sega X".
    lol

I've seen a lot of people insisting it must be Tencent buying them or something (ーー;) but like, um guys, it can't be a merger because otherwise they'd be required to announce it immediately for legal reasons. So yeah, it's not gonna be mergers of any kind.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Sega are proud to present the Dream Master Cast Mega Saturn games console! (Sega executives in America showing off the super console at the podium) "This incredible machine is a gift to all our fans both past and present, and will be in stores for Xmas retailing at $499!" (Sony executive walks up to the podium holding a PS5 under his arm and picks up the mic) "$399." (drops mic and walks off...)

(Sega executives) "Aww fuck it, not again!"

I keep pointing out that what Sony did to Microsoft was exactly the same thing that they did to Sega :​v (then again Microsoft had it coming)

EDIT: it just hits me that the scoop is probably some engine thing.
    Last edited by Sik; 05-28-2020 at 07:03 AM.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

SEGA Saturn Mini! Yeah, thatíll never happen. Itís so difficult to emulate that a poor old Raspberry Pi would melt.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    lol

I've seen a lot of people insisting it must be Tencent buying them or something (ーー;) but like, um guys, it can't be a merger because otherwise they'd be required to announce it immediately for legal reasons. So yeah, it's not gonna be mergers of any kind.
    well, they can announce that they WILL merge, not that they already merged.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    SEGA Saturn Mini! Yeah, thatíll never happen. Itís so difficult to emulate that a poor old Raspberry Pi would melt.
    Saturn mini already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    And it cost a whopping 75 cents back in 1991. Looked cool, though.

Back in my day if there was a cabinet that either took quarters rather than tokens OR cost more quarters than normal it was usually associated with a quality game. We got burned a lot.

A SEGA classic system able to emu all its consoles and all its Arcade boards up to Model 3 LOL Hopefully it be good no matter what. Love to see SEGA the series X Hardware for its Arcade divisions
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    He said he interviewed a technical staff member, so probably something hardware related?

He's speaking for the Japanese crowd, so I highly doubt it's a new Sonic game.

It could be some kind of streaming service, or a revitalization of an arcade property.

I suspect the general reaction here is going to be a lukewarm "Oh, OK. I guess that's cool." But maybe we'll be surprised.
    I can't argue with that reasoning, but with the movie having been so successful they must realize they could make a ton of money releasing a new Sonic game right now.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

SEGA just said they are taking their time with Sonic and will be a wait til the next one.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Back in my day if there was a cabinet that either took quarters rather than tokens OR cost more quarters than normal it was usually associated with a quality game. We got burned a lot.
    It definitely looked like it was developed in the West. This video confirms it.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Kanon's Avatar

I'm guessing something like the Virtual Console, every Sega classic game, as a Xbox exclusive service.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
    I'm guessing something like the Virtual Console, every Sega classic game, as a Xbox exclusive service.
    Nope. They are already doing SEGA Forever on Mobile and SEGA Ages on Switch.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

If it doesn't have something to do with a Sega Saturn mini, then what's the point? We can play everything else easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information