Quantcast

Thread: Unique Konami plastic box codes list? (USA)

Sports Talker

Default Unique Konami plastic box codes list? (USA)

These are the codes that are branded into the plastic clamshells on Konami Genesis boxes, I am sure there has been a thread on this but I can't ever find it. Each code is found to the upper left of the box on the interior cartridge side. I want to make sure that my copies match up. It is a question only a collector would ask, right?
    For example, my
    ACME ALL-STARS 353498-3
    SUNSET RIDERS 353498-1
    LETHAL ENFORCERS II 353498-3

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

I'm really into these types of details when it comes to Genesis collecting and I have to admit; I've never heard of this before. I don't remember seeing anything about this on SegaAge or anywhere else. There could have possibly been an article on there that is now lost. Sadly, when GoCollect bought out NintendoAge a lot of info was lost

Just did a google search and didn't find anything. What I did find though was that many of the SegaAge users have migrated to videogamesage.com. You might check with the folks over there if you haven't already. Some of the folks from SegaAge are very knowledgeable when it comes to the nitty-gritty details of collecting for the Genesis.

My copy of Sunset Riders is 353498-3. It was an ebay purchase though and I have no way of confirming that the case is the original.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I've got a number of these like but never checked the print on the spot you're mentioned. Makes me wonder if the Namco ones have the same thing, I'll have to dig out Marvel Land and check now.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I had no idea this was a thing and I almost certainly have some mismatches, but I'm not going to worry about it. A Konami case is a Konami case to me. Those codes may not even have anything to do with the games themselves. Maybe they are just different print runs of the cases?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Sargon View Post
    Those codes may not even have anything to do with the games themselves. Maybe they are just different print runs of the cases?
    I was thinking this same thing so I checked out My Sparkster. It was purchased brand new and I know the case has not been swapped. The case code is 353498-3 so I don't think the codes are for specific games.

Trying to figure out what case codes go with what print run would probably be a very difficult task to do in 2020. So much has been swapped by this point.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Went through my Konami clamshells for you. I can tell you that these games had no codes in their cases:

Castlevania Bloodlines
    Sunset Riders
    TMNT Hyperstone Heist
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Here are the codes of the games that had them:

Contra Hard Corps 353498-1
    Rocket Knight Adventures 353498-3
    TMNT Tournament Fighters 353498-2

And all of those games had the Konami branding in the plastic next to the cart holder while the games which did not have the codes were blank except for Castlevania Bloodlines which is a Sega branded case. However, thinking back, I bought that one used from a video store in the late 90s or early aughts, so it was likely a replacement case.

Thread Information