Quantcast

Thread: The history of sinistar arcade documentary

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Default The history of sinistar arcade documentary

Thanks for posting this, great game.
    The video didnít mention that along with the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis versions of Williams Arcadeís Greatest Hits it was also released for PlayStation 1 which is when I first experienced it. I also have it on Midway Arcade Treasures for PS2.
    The game is very fluid and fun to play and the voice and roar are quite terrifying. I donít think the younger generations really get a lot of games like this and thatís okay, Iím just glad I discovered it and got to enjoy it.
    ďRun Run RunĒ

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Ron Howard!
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Ron Howard!
    LOL, isn't that silly? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Thanks for posting this, great game.
    The video didnít mention that along with the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis versions of Williams Arcadeís Greatest Hits it was also released for PlayStation 1 which is when I first experienced it. I also have it on Midway Arcade Treasures for PS2.
    The game is very fluid and fun to play and the voice and roar are quite terrifying. I donít think the younger generations really get a lot of games like this and thatís okay, Iím just glad I discovered it and got to enjoy it.
    ďRun Run RunĒ
    Nowadays kids want proper endings to videogames and don't just play them for the thrill of itÖ.At least that's my opinion.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patmanqc View Post
    Nowadays kids want proper endings to videogames and don't just play them for the thrill of itÖ.At least that's my opinion.
    Depends on the title and genre I suppose. Sports titles for example never had 'endings' per se, but I agree that games now seem more like movies in terms of plotting and narrative. Back in the 8-bit and 16-bit era it was all about the challenge of completing a game and telling your mates about your personal best achievements. The 'endings' as such were pretty much an afterthought and usually consisted of only a screen of text or two, if that, but man, what a feeling of accomplishment when we finished those games!

Thread Information