Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Astro City Mini Arcade

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yeah, most of these games do not inspire me. It's basically the arcade versions of a bunch of games that were already on the Genesis Mini or in other collections.
    So... what pre-Model 1 (i.e. easy to emulate) games do you want to see on such a device?

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Has an arcade quality/emulated port of Virtua Fighter been released before? I bought the PS2 bonus disc for VF4(?) because it was the closest thing at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Spendle's Avatar

Can anyone who is pre-ordering and living in the UK advise on how they are doing it? I can pre-order the mini arcade from Amazon.jp and have it shipped to UK without problem but I can't pre-order the additional controller - an issue with the address (i.e. not a Japanese one). Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spendle View Post
    Can anyone who is pre-ordering and living in the UK advise on how they are doing it? I can pre-order the mini arcade from Amazon.jp and have it shipped to UK without problem but I can't pre-order the additional controller - an issue with the address (i.e. not a Japanese one). Thanks
    People on Twitter were saying the same. You might have to use a proxy service like Buyee or FromJapan.

But a warning: The Japan Post has delayed or cancelled service to many countries right now due to COVID-19 (because of the reduction of flights). It's currently not possible to have a package shipped via Japan Post to the US except by boat (1-3 months). I think Amazon Japan uses DHL or a similar service to ship internationally, so it might still get through, but I'm not sure what's happening with the proxy services. Anyway, all of this might be resolved by the time the mini is released.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Spendle's Avatar

Thanks for the info, Gryson. I'll have a bit of a look and think!

I don't understand Japanese but another thread on this over at AtariAge states this mini will come with over 30 games in total so we have only seen a tiny amount of what they plan to release on it. So anyone complaining about the games being released on this are doing so based on incomplete information. It is the most I've paid or I should say pre-ordered for a Mini of this type but as I said, I'm all about playing me some Death Adder's Revenge properly. I think even the current MAME emulation of this game has certain issues.

I'm curious about what games the complainers expect to be on it. I mean, there aren't that many pre-Model 1 Sega arcade games that weren't already ported to consoles (especially those not requiring special hardware). And two of those are already included in the ten games announced so far. Maybe they don't realize that Sega's entire reason to enter the home console market was to make ports of its arcade games? Or maybe there are a lot of hidden arcade gems that I'm just not familiar with.

Master of Shinobi

This is actually a good idea, I like it. But it will get ruined fast if they just stick it full with System 16 titles. It needs to be filled with Super Scaler and Model 1/2/3 titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Has an arcade quality/emulated port of Virtua Fighter been released before? I bought the PS2 bonus disc for VF4(?) because it was the closest thing at the time.
    There weren't any. The Saturn port is the closest. The VF4 thing was just VF4 using VF1 graphics, so not the same thing. There was a PC release, but it was based on VF Remix.

I hope for they to include any version of Spikeout arcade, D.D Crew, Virtua Striker 3/4, Bay Route and the 2008 system 16 version of Fantasy Zone 2.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Yeah, most of these games do not inspire me. It's basically the arcade versions of a bunch of games that were already on the Genesis Mini or in other collections.
    So in the last Sega mini thread you said people shouldn't waste their time on technically inferior versions of games, but now you're saying people shouldn't waste their time on the technically superior originals when downgraded ports exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    So... what pre-Model 1 (i.e. easy to emulate) games do you want to see on such a device?
    I would rather they focus on emulation of the Sega Saturn era of games than continually putting out stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Master of Shinobi

I would rather they focus on emulation of the Sega Saturn era of games than continually putting out stuff like this.
    Most Saturn games by Sega are just inferior ports of Model 2 games, except for a handful of original titles - many of which were already ported.

..continually putting out stuff like this.
    When have they ever put out anything like this? ever, much less "continually"?
    What are you talking about???

Yeah, when is the last time Sega did anything remotely like this? While they've been giving their retro console releases a lot of love recently, there has been very little done with the arcade releases aside from some of the 3D Classics stuff.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

What's the likelihood of them releasing this as a collection for say, the PS4, Switch, PC, etc?

Thread Information