Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal Blast 2277 digital release / pay what you want

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Default Metal Blast 2277 digital release / pay what you want

SegaTim, a Russian dev, has released Metal Blast 2277 as a digital pay-what-you-want download, including free. He mentions there are still a few carts available on his ebay store.

https://gcup.itch.io/metal-blast-2277

Timur Lyazgiev's eBay store is shut down. I saw on one blog that he can't ship anything out due to sanctions on Russia. This game looks pretty fun. Anybody else bought this game or his others or downloaded the roms? Just curious.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

I tried this and some others, I think he's a bit held back by working alone. The art especially and music are programmer quality. Then for the erotic visual novels, well, I don't think VNs belong on a platform with this limited graphics in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Then for the erotic visual novels, well, I don't think VNs belong on a platform with this limited graphics in the first place.
    Not a fan of Mega Casanova? Come on, mayn. Lol

Me either. However, there must be fans out there for this stuff cause he is making Mega Casanova 2 & 3.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

We are currently having problems accepting payments from other countries. Paypal and Payoneer do not work with us. Many banks do not make payments. Mastercard and Visa don't work either. But there is a way to pay for purchases. But for this you will need to register in one payment system, which is not very convenient. We are now compiling instructions for everyone who wants to order games from us. But there are only a couple of us who sell games from Russia and maybe they are not very interesting to players to bother so much))) But in the near future we will publish this instruction and anyone who wants will be able to order games through this payment system.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Looks awful.
    Was that your comment on the game? I totally understand your issues with the aesthetics, but gameplay is more than likely the main focus here. I don't think this was constructive at all. It's essentially free, might want to temper your expectations.

Roce: Thanks for sharing this. I'll try to take a look and give it a shot. I'm not seeing the download link, etc. I wish I could pitch these guys some scratch, but their payment options seem all busted.

SEGA-Jorge

It's crazy because, a sprite swap and some decent music would make this game pretty cool. I wonder if the developer ever reached out to any artists in the Sega Community.

I think he is very bad at negotiating with people. This is most likely such a psychotype of people. So he does it all the best he can.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

I want to like the game, the art doesn't bother me that much, it was more the difficulty curve. Right out the gate it starts out pretty tough. Or maybe I just suck. I think I got discouraged on level 2. But yes an improvement in graphics (even if it's just the player sprite)and touching up and tweaking the gameplay a bit would really help. I still feel like trying the game again every once in awhile to see if I can get farther in it, so to its credit, it has some things going for it. It's the kind of game I want to be good at. It's just a beast of a challenge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    I want to like the game, the art doesn't bother me that much, it was more the difficulty curve. Right out the gate it starts out pretty tough. Or maybe I just suck. I think I got discouraged on level 2. But yes an improvement in graphics (even if it's just the player sprite)and touching up and tweaking the gameplay a bit would really help. I still feel like trying the game again every once in awhile to see if I can get farther in it, so to its credit, it has some things going for it. It's the kind of game I want to be good at. It's just a beast of a challenge though.
    Yes, I think if it is finalized, then it can become an interesting project also in visual terms. But unfortunately, cats have all the rights to it. I discussed with Timur to give us his project for revision, to make a kind of rebut with colorful graphics, but he upset me by the fact that in fact this is no longer his game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert bertodecosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengh0st View Post
    Yes, I think if it is finalized, then it can become an interesting project also in visual terms. But unfortunately, cats have all the rights to it. I discussed with Timur to give us his project for revision, to make a kind of rebut with colorful graphics, but he upset me by the fact that in fact this is no longer his game.
    Who's Cats? Am I right to assume Cats = Mega Cat Studios ?

Quote Originally Posted by bertodecosta View Post
    Who's Cats? Am I right to assume Cats = Mega Cat Studios ?
    Yes, Mega Cat Studios.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Ah that's a shame. The game has some potential, would have been great if you guys could have been able to improve it.

Yes, Mega Cat Studios.
    He sold it to iheartpizza last I knew. So if you want a legit physical copy, youíll have to visit his pizza place when/if it opens to buy it.

Thread Information