Quantcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lord Hiryu's Street Fighter II : World Warrior hack

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

^ looks better!
    by the way about Zangief's background behind the fence.

I read somewhere that you were having a hard time with it
    if you can only put one color there. I recommend a dark color so it looks like the shadows.. rather than a lighter one.

but preferably i like it like how you did it in super sf 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxg2ETZowA0

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Lord Hiryu's Avatar

The zangief stage is the most difficult to achieve, due background behind the bak fence, and the front fence, share the same Plane (Plane A) but different possition priority.
    In SSF2, that issue was solved, making the front fence a bit lower, so the background wall was placed to the ground.

Make the front fence lower, isn't a problem, or adding the 3 rows of tiles in the background.
    The bad news, are that in SF2CE, the scrolls goes in different ways, so is necessary to change the HScroll of these lines. I forgot the time that I spent searching the lines where the data is supposed to be, but without luck.

If I could solve that Hscroll problem, the zangief stage will be as this image.

^ i hope you can figure it out eventually!

if you can't figure it out. is it possible to change the color to a darker one so it looks more natural?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I really got nothing to add other than, damn its so fucking cool to see these original colors on the MD.

heres an idea for another SF2 hack
    replacing the sprites with alpha sprites!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjo View Post
    heres an idea for another SF2 hack
    replacing the sprites with alpha sprites!
    I wish we had like a dedicated SF2SCE tool like those Mario World guys have, I'd replace every bit of art in SF2SCE with Street Fighter the Movie art.

Looks great!

looks like he made some updates
    some of the portraits have been changed to the World Warrior version like Ryu!

Seems like a don't have privilegies to post in the remastered thread. So I'll try to do in this thread.

I'm really tired of this topic already, but because of allusions and insults that I have received from Barone, I answer. I hope this is the last time.

About the panda, is true that I used Pyron's sprite at the time. My fault. Today on my instagram account, I have publicly rectified. Obviously it is gone, since I have fixed several other things in my hack. I'm still working on it.

Pyron posted a fairly concise Timeline in this thread, and above all, lacking in truth.

So I put images with posting dates, to demonstrate the creation dates, and for people to draw their conclusions as to whether I have copied or not ( I will post only a few, but can do it with all stages) I don't need a speaker that spits shit out of its mouth, like Barone.

And by the way, I show the latest revision of the map, with a new panda sprite, and changes to the mini portraits of Honda, Blanka, Guile, Vega, Bison and Zangief. As well as the addition of the star on Bison's hat, which people have asked me to do, and the red eyes of the WW version.

But I want to know, Pyron, why you change the colors of my map, to mimic yours?? The version that I released on my Youtube channel don't have these colours...and you know it.

By the way, Pyron, obviously you shouldn't talk about my work in detail, but I find it shocking that you only say about the panda, and avoid talking about the fact that I added the elephants that were missing from the Dhalsim stage, or the signs from the Ryu stage.

And to you Barone, I am not going to put myself at your level with insults, but if it would be nice if a moderator or administrator put you in your right place, due to the constant disrespect and insults towards me.

A greeting.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hiryu View Post
    About the panda, is true that I used Pyron's sprite at the time. My fault. Today on my instagram account, I have publicly rectified. Obviously it is gone, since I have fixed several other things in my hack. I'm still working on it.
    I don't intend to derail your thread or insult you, but honestly, this is very incrimimating. For all this time, you've denied basing your work on Pyron's and have claimed to only get inspiration from the arcade version, and now you've been caught directly copying Pyron's work. It's not a little mistake, like "Oh, I forgot to remove the panda, no big deal". It shows you were dishonest from the start, and the accusations against you were not baseless or a misunderstanding. You do not copy stuff from another game by mistake, it shows you were studying Pyron's work very closely, to say the least.

I am not saying 100% of your work is stolen from Pyron, as you obviously have put a lot of time and efforts into your hacks... but still, you went as far as copying Pyron's graphics into your hacks, something you've been strongly denying until now. And you still decided not to credit him, for some reason, and despite the fact he has even spent time to help you in the past! This is really bad, don't downplay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hiryu View Post
    By the way, Pyron, obviously you shouldn't talk about my work in detail, but I find it shocking that you only say about the panda, and avoid talking about the fact that I added the elephants that were missing from the Dhalsim stage, or the signs from the Ryu stage.
    You find that shocking? What I find shocking is that you're still trying to shift the blame on Pyron for not highlighting all the work you've done, while you were just caught stealing his stuff. Seriously... Instead of sincerely and humbly apologizing, you're busy trying to drag Pyron through the mud. You have no shame.
    Last edited by Stifu; 08-20-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Lord Hiryu,

a suggestion

I think you should change the color of the Sahara desert on the Map screen.
    its a desert so I dont think Green should be the color used there

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjo View Post
    I think you should change the color of the Sahara desert on the Map screen.
    its a desert so I dont think Green should be the color used there
    You're right.

Process:

I have changed the priority of palettes in certain tiles, to be able to add colors from the second palette, and thus be more faithful to the arcade.
    Now the desert has earth tones, and the Koala is more similar in color to the original.
    Also in passing, I have changed in the mini portraits, the colors of the Vega mask.
    The panda, which had previously changed the sprites, I have also moved it on the map, so that it is closer to its original position.

In the same way, I have taken certain licenses, such as moving the kremlin so that it is more visible, like the elephant that was under the Indian flag.

The whale is now closer to its original position, and I have enlarged all the flags by one pixel wide (except for the japan flag that was off-center at the rising sun).
    I have used the graphics of the flags of the SSF2 of MD, so now the details of the flag of India, China, USSR and Spain are more visible.

Here's a comparisson with the preview one (left) and the actual one (right)

And the arcade original.

EDIT: In the end I had to sacrifice the lighter color of the background for a darker one, otherwise I would lose a color on the edges of the map.
    Last edited by Lord Hiryu; 08-22-2020 at 07:46 AM.

^ that looks a lot better!

will you change the portraits to world warrior version>

Yes, the big and mini portraits will be in the ww version.

Hi Lord Hiryu,

Just don't waste your time on those two and their toxic endeavour.

As always, there might be discrepancies here and there, but at least you are showing some taste on your version.

That last one, looking to match the arcade version colors, is the best so far.

Keep on going.

Thread Information