Quantcast

Thread: THX game mode

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Default THX game mode

Didn't even know that was a thing.. but
    https://www.cnet.com/news/new-tcl-6-...0-for-55-inch/

HDTVtest review..

The new 6-series from TCL is out this week, and shit ton of features for a lower grade consumer set. The 65" at $900 is pretty damn cheap. And with 120hz VRR, just in time for next gen consoles.

I don't think I could trust a 65 inch $900 TV with a ton of features unless electronic component prices have dropped SUBSTANTIALLY in the last 2 years. Or maybe if the bigger brands had super inflated prices.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Isn't TLC like bottom of the barrel in terms of TV manufacturers?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    I don't think I could trust a 65 inch $900 TV with a ton of features unless electronic component prices have dropped SUBSTANTIALLY in the last 2 years. Or maybe if the bigger brands had super inflated prices.
    "Proof of the pudding is in the eating".

TCL came in and pretty much destroyed any of the competition in the $400-$1800 when they came year and half ago with their 4, 6, and 8-series 4k HDR sets (really low input lag, fast pixel response times). If you wanted something comparable, you pretty much had to go into $2000 range and up. I remember looking to get one because all the reviews raved about them (and incredibly impressive for gaming at $600 for their 4k HDR 65" set), and they were sold out in my city for the 65" version (and almost all stores in my state - I had to drive to another town to get it). If their 2019 models are any indication, these 2020 models are going to be impressive for the price range too.
    Last edited by turboxray; 08-13-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowsux133 View Post
    Price wise, yeah they have some cheap models. Performance and picture quality/features, definitely not. The 6 and 8 series for 2020 is using miniLEDs too, which is the next best thing to OLED. They have their 8-series which is 2-3k price range, and more expensive models not available in the US. And they're releasing their 8k models for 2020.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

As long as the crap is cheap, that's all that matters to some people. And these massive Chinese conglomerates sell their crap for cheap. They proliferate your local Walmart and amazon app today, and fester in your local garbage dump tomorrow.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Slightly off-topic but Anyone have a clue on the best 4K TV at 43 inches under $300? Hopefully 3 HDMI ports. My Toshiba HD TV is going out after 2 years so I no longer trust them. Everything is starting to turn blue. weary on a Chinese brand like TCL to rely on for years. LG? Samsung or other? I figure now is as good as any time to upgrade to 4k. Even tho the wallet would be screaming. Better than a dead TV I guess.

Not the pickiest person on image quality tho heard mixed things about this one. Most important is how reliable they are. Can it take heavy use for 5+ years? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-43-c...?skuId=6363867

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

From what I have seen and read TCL is definitely a great choice for gamers. I am still holdin out for an OLED by Vizio.

But
    https://www.consumerreports.org/tvs/...hat-they-seem/
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowsux133 View Post
    No, they're a female musical trio.

A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    From what I have seen and read TCL is definitely a great choice for gamers. I am still holdin out for an OLED by Vizio.

But
    https://www.consumerreports.org/tvs/...hat-they-seem/
    This was common when I was growing up in the 80's. I used to look through the vents on the back of display model TVs to see what brand was on the inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Slightly off-topic but Anyone have a clue on the best 4K TV at 43 inches under $300? Hopefully 3 HDMI ports. My Toshiba HD TV is going out after 2 years so I no longer trust them. Everything is starting to turn blue. weary on a Chinese brand like TCL to rely on for years. LG? Samsung or other? I figure now is as good as any time to upgrade to 4k. Even tho the wallet would be screaming. Better than a dead TV I guess.

Not the pickiest person on image quality tho heard mixed things about this one. Most important is how reliable they are. Can it take heavy use for 5+ years? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-43-c...?skuId=6363867
    Hmm.. I've owned some TCL sets for a while (I have a 65" main with two 50" set vertical on either side of the main TV for a triple 4k "command center" for my PC). While I don't have any proof, I doubt the TCL TVs, and any of the other cheap ones, are really built to last. Their focus is on main features, picture quality, and all that related to price. But then again, I don't know if I trust any TV to last 5 years nowadays. Manufacture warranties have been getting shorter and shorter over the years. Best bet would be to find a cheap set, with the features you want, and factor in buying an extended warranty??? My upgrade cycle has been about every 2 years (3 years for some stuff I don't use as often), but that's probably going to slow down since I don't care about 8k sets (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    and fester in your local garbage dump tomorrow.
    If I upgrade a set, I give the old one away to friends and family. Likewise they do the same, or just donate it.

Thread Information