Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else's package stuck in transit?

Nameless One

Meh Anyone else's package stuck in transit?

I bought a package from eBay on the 2nd, it shipped on the 3rd, was guaranteed from eBay to arrive on the 7th and now't it's the 23rd.

I've only had delays like this happen when buying internationally

Anybody else's packages stuck in the mail?

I have close to a dozen packages "Arriving Late."

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

If this is the US. All mail is slower. Trump has kinda messed up the USPS system esp with hundreds of mail sorting facilities shut down. USPS is fighting to survive atm. So everything is delayed and slowed down. US Customs is esp slow atm. Stuff has been slow for me as well.
    Last edited by Leynos; 08-23-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

I had an Ebay seller send me the wrong item week before last; that was delayed but only by a day. The replacement item (sent via 2-day Priority, mind you) has been "in transit, arriving late" since the 17th. It's supposedly been in my city since then. Both were sent USPS, naturally.

There are plenty of these kinds of stories going around.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    If this is the US. All mail is slower. Trump has kinda messed up the USPS system esp with hundreds of mail sorting facilities shut down. USPS is fighting to survive atm. So everything is delayed and slowed down. US Customs is esp slow atm.
    What's happening didn't start with Trump. Our local main office handled everything and made shipping all across the area a one day event but during the Obama years it was neutered and the job it did was shifted to another facility over an hour away. Oddly enough not many people bitched when it happened nor did our local do-nothing senator hold a photo op, I mean press conference. Since as far back as I can remember mail boxes have been becoming scarce with each passing year.

Nameless One

Here's eBay's message board response. What a poop-show.
    https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announ.../ba-p/31134359
    Last edited by homerhomer; 08-23-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Yeah, and I had a USPS box arrive with a giant hole in it a few weeks ago. Never had that happen before.

I also had a package go missing. Luckily it was just 2 common DC games, and nothing rare or expensive. They were purchased from eBay on 7/27, shipped and arrived in my state 8/1, then.... nothing. No movement. Luckily the seller refunded me by the end of August. I started a missing package request and got word back a few days later that it's just simply lost. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

@JCU, sure the postal service has always had hiccups here and there and always will, but this nationwide shitshow is completely on Trump AND he and his cronies are doing it on purpose. Simply infuriating.
    glazball's game collection and wantlist

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Orange man, orange man, blamed for the fail
    of the USPS who always sucked at delivering mail.

In the Clinton era, I had the United States Package Smashers leave a computer on the sidewalk in front of my apartment building, and repeatedly lose packages in a room the size of a garage. Those idiots have a history of abandoning mail, stealing it, and even destroying it. Don't act like it's something new.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    Orange man, orange man, blamed for the fail
    of the USPS who always sucked at delivering mail.

In the Clinton era, I had the United States Package Smashers leave a computer on the sidewalk in front of my apartment building, and repeatedly lose packages in a room the size of a garage. Those idiots have a history of abandoning mail, stealing it, and even destroying it. Don't act like it's something new.
    Being objective wouldn't allow for the pushing of an agenda or being honest. The USPS did not suddenly become problematic under Trump's watch contrary to what some wiould have you believe.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I've not had many issues with USPS myself recently. Actually the worst service currently is a package shipped via UPS (not the US Postal Service) that said I asked to hold it for pickup (I didn't) and isn't even available for pickup at their facility.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I wish that UPS or Fedex was even remotely competitive on small package prices. They are so much better in costumer service. They aren't being crippled like the post. When I ordered a couple things from Best Buy, the UPS one came within days, the post office one took about 2 weeks. But even on a regular year, UPS would still do the job faster, and more securely.

The private sector demands results. The public sector not so much. Delivering mall packages and correspondence at a reasonable price is the only saving grace of the USPS and if UPS or Fed Ex could figure a way to compete with shipping smaller packages at an acceptable price point (perhaps a flat rate), the post office would be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Being objective wouldn't allow for the pushing of an agenda or being honest. The USPS did not suddenly become problematic under Trump's watch contrary to what some wiould have you believe.
    It's always sucked, but we've never had a president deliberately try to make it worse before. We're now dealing with the consequences of that, which means the USPS will (unbelievably) suck even more than normal.

Thread Information