Quantcast

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: New Wonderboy Title announced! PS4/Switch

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Honestly looks great now!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Wonder Boy - Asha in Monster World comes with the original Genesis game as well. So this is the cheapest way to physically own it without resorting to bad Repros.

I ordered this for the Switch. Looking forward to it.
    05/05/15

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Wonder Boy - Asha in Monster World comes with the original Genesis game as well. So this is the cheapest way to physically own it without resorting to bad Repros.
    That's interesting, the pre-release version I played did not have the original game included, unless there was some trick to unlocking it that I didn't find. It's not like the Dragon's Curse remake where you can switch between the old and new graphics and sounds.

The game looks and plays great though, controls are solid and you can use the analog joystick to walk and run. Play on easy mode and you pick up coins automatically. The new graphics fit perfectly, my favorite part was going through the castle and town and finding all the paths that lead into the background. The perspective is fixed but you can tell it's a fully 3D engine when you go in or out of a door. The remastered soundtrack is excellent. I didn't care for the voice acting but it's easy to turn off. I consider this the definitive version of MW4, I prefer it to the original.

I did notice a few frame drops during the cut scenes, at least when playing in handheld mode, but it's very minor and doesn't affect the gameplay.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Blake00's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Honestly looks great now!
    Wow.. that is looking much better than the last trailer I saw. very nice!

Master of Shinobi

Had another chance to play it, there's a bunch of QoL improvements. Like in the stream sanctuary you no longer need to open the inventory to fill the bucket, plus you can revisit areas you've already cleared. There's a kind of magical defense that protects you from some elemental damage if you have the right shield equipped. It doesn't work 100% of the time, I'm not sure what triggers it or if it's just RNG-based. There's also a magical hit meter that charges up and lets you deal extra damage. So far all the changes I've seen have been positive.

I'm told there's trophies and achievements you can unlock but in a combined two hours of playing I don't think I've seen any yet.

Oh, and I've counted at least four different rump-shaking animations for when Asha opens a chest.

The classic game does not appear as a download on Switch. Pop the cart in and two icons appear. One for the classic game and has some built-in features like adjusting the screen with scanlines and such. Another icon for the new game. So thankfully not a Samurai Showdown on Swith issue with it comes with a download code for Samurai Showdown for Neo geo Pocket.

Thread Information