Quantcast

Thread: Unreleased Genesis / Mega Drive game found! Earl Weaver Baseball

Thumbs up Unreleased Genesis / Mega Drive game found! Earl Weaver Baseball

The Dump will get a free public Release when the Channel reaches 1k subscribers.

Cool, its good to see another title preserved. Earl Weaver was released for a few different systems and from what I've heard its a pretty decent game.

Gotta get from 20 to 1,000 subscribers sheesh. Sucks that there isn't any sound in the game.

Sure its a long way but new content will be released day by day which might lead to more subscribers. Its just a matter of time.

Fifa Soccer engine.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Subbed! I think it's a pretty clever way to get more subscribers, actually.

Meanwhile whenever I see the name "Earl Weaver", all I can think of is this (very very very NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-6RYPRlqZk

Yeah i think its better than crowdfunding. Nobody needs to pay and still everyone can enjoy this game. I have many more unreleased Prototypes which i will show off at the right time. So the subscription is not just for the game it helps out to see more upcoming content of mine. Its more meaned to be a benefit. :-)

It is no different than people selling dumps. You're gatekeeping. Just release the damn thing and stop trying to get something out of it for yourself.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Lol. I will never subscribe to that channel. How is someone going to tie the release of a rom to a Youtube channel? Get your subs organically, with good content. Congrats on the proto. Good luck to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    It is no different than people selling dumps. You're gatekeeping. Just release the damn thing and stop trying to get something out of it for yourself.
    Its very easy to say "Just dump it" when you don't have any money tied up in it. If I remember correctly the PCB sold on ebay for about $500, and there aren't many people who want to spend that much money on something and then just give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekel View Post
    Yeah i think its better than crowdfunding. Nobody needs to pay and still everyone can enjoy this game. I have many more unreleased Prototypes which i will show off at the right time. So the subscription is not just for the game it helps out to see more upcoming content of mine. Its more meaned to be a benefit. :-)
    If there's one thing I learned from Putty Squad, its that 99% of the community don't appreciate the money and effort that go into preserving some of the old protos. So I want to thank you for preserving another game and I hope you grow your youtube channel way beyond 1000 subscribers.
    Last edited by Mad Moham; 09-10-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Centrale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Its very easy to say "Just dump it" when you don't have any money tied up in it. If I remember correctly the PCB sold on ebay for about $500, and there aren't many people who want to spend that much money on something and then just give it away.
    Counterpoint, a fool and his money are soon parted. How much demand is there for another 16-bit baseball game? And honestly, how much historical importance does it really have?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

I don't even like baseball.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I wouldn't even mind subscribing if there was content. The channel is in it's infancy. If you want to tie this proto to the channel, make some videos about protos, about finding, buying, and testing protos. What's the options you have when you have a proto? What can be done with them? Make some content. Then dump the rom. How are you going to ask for subs before you even deliver any content? There's a lot to learn and share when it comes to tracking down protos for old consoles. I think lots of people would enjoy hearing more about it.

Thread Information