Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Does SEGA even really still exist?

  1. #16
    Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    Oh Christ, another reminder of the time I spent in the hell that is AT&T.
    LOL!

    Originally posted by SegaAMD

    Dude, Sega is not dead this is an unreasonable opinion coming from fake fans a very fragile idea easily overturned, have you forgotten recent Segata Sanshiro advertisement ? September 25th, TGS and SEGA will be there. time is lord of destiny.
    Fake fans?! Sega still exists, and are doing pretty well all things considered, but they are NOT the company of the 80's/90's. I know you love them and want desperately for them to release a new console but not only is it not happening, it would be financial suicide for them if they did! If you truly love Sega, as I do, you would not want them to release a new console because it would finish them off for good.

  2. #17
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    If you truly love Sega, as I do, you would not want them to release a new console because it would finish them off for good.

    you are translating what the fake fans say and represent.

    they supposedly love SEGA but at the same time it is never able to do anything, true fans know that Sega has financial resources, knows that SEGA can take borrow from banks, fake fans say that SEGA made mistakes in past, true fans know that SEGA was a victim, big trap.

    the fake fans cannot be confused with that person who like SEGA but for some reason does not fully understand all SEGA´s history of SEGA, these we explain and they say: that's cool, fakes insist and insist on the passive narrative, where everything from Sega is seen from a negative viewpoint focusing erroneously on the worst side of the narrative. it is sad but in this time that I am here on Sega-16 I saw that many users follows the passive viewpoint of the historical narrative (which was coined by competitors via their marketing) as opposed to the true fans ''active'' viewpoint,

  3. #18
    AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,159
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Most of Sega's greatest talents have long since aged out of the industry, and without a computer revolution to spur young people into taking their places, how are the glory days supposed to return? Ignoring that, the market base for video games is no longer people who crave detailed and moderately difficult games to chew on for weeks on end between school and sleep. It's largely dullards who buy loot boxes, cosmetics, and other nonsense for console and mobile games. Look at the crowdfunding for games like Xeno Crisis and Tanglewood. The games are indeed amazing, and the campaigns were successful, but they didn't pull in enough profit to keep their teams constantly producing new games.

    I'd continue, but you cannot reason a person out of a position at which they did not arrive through reason.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

  4. #19
    Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,166
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegaAMD View Post
    you are translating what the fake fans say and represent.

    they supposedly love SEGA but at the same time it is never able to do anything, true fans know that Sega has financial resources, knows that SEGA can take borrow from banks, fake fans say that SEGA made mistakes in past, true fans know that SEGA was a victim, big trap.

    the fake fans cannot be confused with that person who like SEGA but for some reason does not fully understand all SEGA´s history of SEGA, these we explain and they say: that's cool, fakes insist and insist on the passive narrative, where everything from Sega is seen from a negative viewpoint focusing erroneously on the worst side of the narrative. it is sad but in this time that I am here on Sega-16 I saw that many users follows the passive viewpoint of the historical narrative (which was coined by competitors via their marketing) as opposed to the true fans ''active'' viewpoint,
    The power of positive thinking, ladies and gentlemen.

    It not only lets you label people who appreciate a dead console brand from two decades ago as real, fake, or true believers; It also magically gives Sega Sammy a massive line of credit while ignoring their failures, or that they are now hemorrhaging money due to a global pandemic.

  5. #20
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,925
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegaAMD View Post
    you are translating what the fake fans say and represent.,
    I'm sorry.............. what?
    05/05/15

  6. #21
    Raging in the Streets Blades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,624
    Rep Power
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    Most of Sega's greatest talents have long since aged out of the industry
    Sega's "Miyamoto" Toshihiro Nagoshi of AM2 fame, and of course Takashi Iizuka, are still there and making great games, especially Nagoshi. More than what Miyamoto has been doing since 1998 IMO.

    Sega for some reason does have a way of keeping their talent around for ages. One of their in-house musicians from the Afterburner days, Hiro, is still there. The recently released Sakura Wars was directed by Skies of Arcadia writer Tetsuya Ootsubo, with some great people from the Manga industry working on the game too. If anything, Sega has more old blood actively working on games than Nintendo.

    That's what Sega is to me, 20 years ago and now.

  7. #22
    Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,166
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    2000 years from now, historians will learn about an extinct blue hedgehog breed named Sega.

    It will be cross referenced with enough junk data about miracle worlds, dreams, shinobis, the biblical book of genesis, planet saturn, that the whole scholarly debate around it will be shuffled into an irrelevant intellectual dumpster. Some dickhead will then seize fame and credit for figuring it all out, that Sega never existed and was just an example of the Mandela effect.


    On that day, the ghost of SegaAMD will haunt the entire human race and threaten to sue them.

  8. #23
    Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'm sorry.............. what?
    Your guess is as good as mine.

  9. #24
    Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,277
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    As long as a company called Sega is putting out good games, and allowing for Sonic Mania's and the like, I don't have a complaint. (doubly so if I give up on modern gaming 100% )

  10. #25
    Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sandy Let Go My Eggo, CA
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegaAMD View Post
    you are translating what the fake fans say and represent.

    they supposedly love SEGA but at the same time it is never able to do anything, true fans know that Sega has financial resources, knows that SEGA can take borrow from banks, fake fans say that SEGA made mistakes in past, true fans know that SEGA was a victim, big trap.

    the fake fans cannot be confused with that person who like SEGA but for some reason does not fully understand all SEGA´s history of SEGA, these we explain and they say: that's cool, fakes insist and insist on the passive narrative, where everything from Sega is seen from a negative viewpoint focusing erroneously on the worst side of the narrative. it is sad but in this time that I am here on Sega-16 I saw that many users follows the passive viewpoint of the historical narrative (which was coined by competitors via their marketing) as opposed to the true fans ''active'' viewpoint,

  11. #26
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
    Posts
    4,003
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    I had totally forgotten about the Orbi delusion. I am literally going out of my way to drink a shot of rum right now over this comment. Well done. God damn.
    pour a cold one out for our dear mr sega. RIP

  12. #27
    Sports Talker eeplox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Now that they've done away with their arcade business, I'd say that's the last nail in the coffin. Their back library is still getting released in good ways tho thankfully.

    I think the Atlus arm of the company has surpassed the SEGA arm big time, and it's because all their good developers left when they murdered the DC.

  13. #28
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,346
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eeplox View Post
    Now that they've done away with their arcade business
    SEGA hasn't. It simply sold off its Arcade centres, but not its Arcade divisions. Also, sorry Atlus hasn't surpassed the SEGA arm. Sonic still sells the most and after that, it's SEGA Europe's Creative Assembly that then does the business, maybe followed by SEGA Europe Sports Interactive

    But I get this is a wind-up and a pisstake post
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  14. #29
    Sports Talker eeplox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    SEGA hasn't. It simply sold off its Arcade centres, but not its Arcade divisions. Also, sorry Atlus hasn't surpassed the SEGA arm. Sonic still sells the most and after that, it's SEGA Europe's Creative Assembly that then does the business, maybe followed by SEGA Europe Sports Interactive

    But I get this is a wind-up and a pisstake post
    It's honestly not a wind-up. I'm talking about creativity, not economics. The kind of games SEGA fans want to play are few and far between. We're not getting excited over Football Manager and Aliens games, but that's become their focus. Most of their Japanese developers left the company (were forced out, really) after the Dreamcast, with the few that remained getting pushed out over the next decade. They outsource most of their development now. The kind of games that SEGA fans are looking to play are coming more and more from Atlus.

    Now that they've sold off their arcades, they're not going to invest in making arcade games. It was only viable for a company of their size to stay in the arcade development business because they owned the arcades.

  15. #30
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,346
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eeplox View Post
    It's honestly not a wind-up. I'm talking about creativity, not economics. The kind of games SEGA fans want to play are few and far between. We're not getting excited over Football Manager and Aliens games, but that's become their focus. Most of their Japanese developers left the company (were forced out, really) after the Dreamcast, with the few that remained getting pushed out over the next decade. They outsource most of their development now. The kind of games that SEGA fans are looking to play are coming more and more from Atlus.

    Now that they've sold off their arcades, they're not going to invest in making arcade games. It was only viable for a company of their size to stay in the arcade development business because they owned the arcades.
    SEGA sold off their Arcade centers and not their Arcade lines and it's not new .SEGA been cost cutting in the Arcades since 2001 , when it looks to sell off its Arcade manufacturing facility and outsourced all its Arcade unit manufacture and the like .

    SEGA will still make Arcade games and well we can say we want the old SEGA games and say that about a lot of companies, but SEGA is having to make games that sells

    And how many if the SEGA games have you played of late ? Player Sakura Wars ?, Played Fist of the North Star? The new Yakuza ? , Valkyrie IV ?

    SEGA made some rather nice games this gen and I don't think Aliens is SEGA focus at all , it hasn't made a Alien game in like 7 years ....
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •