Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need input on a Sega CD Editor

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

I think that's probably perfect. Great job!

After spending some more time on Batman & Robin, I found out that it is going to be a MUCH bigger project making the editor than what I thought. Every section of the game uses it's own programing, and I think there are 24 different sections. What I've decided to do is just make a basic editor with only a few cheat options for the first section. Once someone tests the editor and makes sure that it will work, I may add on to it from there. Will post the test editor as soon as I get it done.

I figured out how to allow you to drive up on the curb and drive thru obstacles (Light posts, fire hydrants, stair cases, etc). This allows you to drive as fast as you want up on the side walk where there aren't any cars. Also figured out how to allow you to drive thru other cars without touching them (turns off collision detection for the other cars). To add this to the editor would require hundreds of edits, so unlikely that I will have time to do that, but may add it to the 'test' editor just for the first section.

Also found the level skip cheat and will probably add that to the test editor so you only have to press one or two buttons to activate it.
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-14-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Finished the first Adventures of Batman & Robin (Sega CD) editor. As soon as at least one or two people test this out and make sure that it will work, I will start adding more to it.

There is no readme file, but most of it is explained on the editor...

-If you enable the 'level skip' cheat, you'll just need to pause the game and press B to skip to the next level. It should only work in the first level.
    -The 'Start with 20 lives' cheat is for a new game, and should carry through for the entire game. I can adjust this higher or lower if anyone wants that.
    -The 'Infinite lives' cheat will probably only work on the first level (or possibly only the first stage?).
    -The 'Start with more time' cheats will only work on the first 3 stages. You can only select one of the 'time' cheats at once (that includes inf time). The program will automatically de-select the one you had checked if you select a different one.
    -The 'Infinite time' cheat should only work on the first level (or possibly only on the first stage?).

The only file types that it supports are .bin and .img. I went to several different sites, and those two were the only format I could find. If anyone knows of another format (like .iso?) that you want supported, just let me know and send me a PM with the site where you got it from. I've read about iso file types, but couldn't find any. Maybe it's an old format that's not used anymore?

If you want to turn a cheat off, run the program again and make sure that all of the cheats that you don't want are unchecked, then patch the file.

If you want to return your file back to it.s original/unmodified state, just run the program, select your file, and make sure you don't click any cheats (all cheats must be unchecked), then patch the file.

Please let me know how it works.

Batman&Robin(Sega CD)Editor.zip Updated version

EDIT: This is only for the US version.
    EDIT2: Just realized that the editor will allow you to open the European version. I will fix that bug so that it knows the difference between the US and EU versions, and only allow you to open the US version.
    The editor checks to make sure it's the Batman & Robin game, but does not check to see if it's the European version. Will fix that soon. Just make sure you're using the US version, and everything will be fine.

EDIT3: Fixed the editor so that it now checks to make sure you are using the US version (will not allow you to edit the wrong version).
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-15-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Editor is fixed and now checks for the correct game id, as well as the correct region. Let me know how it works (uploaded fixed version to previous post).
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-15-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    If we talking of Mega CD games , it be nice if you could patch Soulstar for a level select , since it's a true showcase for the system, but hard as hell .
    I started working on SoulStar, but can't get the game to work for very long using Gens11svn. The game will work through the first level, but as soon as the first level is ending (getting ready to transition to the second level), the screen goes black, and stays that way. It works fine with Kega Fusion, but Fusion lacks RAM searching abilities for Sega CD games. I used Cheat Engine to search RAM while playing in Fusion, but didn't have any luck finding the RAM address for levels. Some games use a very simple level numbering system (level 1 = 01, level 2 = 02, etc), but other games use something a bit more difficult to find.

The good news is that it looks like I can use the SFX number in the Option menu to let you decide which level to start on. The bad news is I haven't been able to find the RAM address for which level you're on yet.

Some questions...

1) Does anyone know how to get SoulStar running properly with Gens? (any version)
    2) Does anyone know if someone has already found the RAM address for which level you're on?
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-17-2020 at 09:41 PM.

I was so impressed with SoulStar (Sega CD), that I decided to make an editor for it, even though I wasn't able to make a level select cheat. What a great game.

There are some new cheats in the editor. One of them is an "Aim Assist". It will let you decide how much help you want with your shooting (if any). You can also select the amount of invincibility you want (if any). Have tested it with Kega Fusion and it seems to work fine.

SoulStarSegaCDEditorV6.zip

EDIT: Uploaded newest version on 10/4/2020 (Bug fix)
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-04-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    I was so impressed with SoulStar (Sega CD), that I decided to make an editor for it, even though I wasn't able to make a level select cheat. What a great game.

There are some new cheats in the editor. One of them is an "Aim Assist". It will let you decide how much help you want with your shooting (if any). You can also select the amount of invincibility you want (if any). Have tested it with Kega Fusion and it seems to work fine.

Attachment 15611
    Awesome, keep up the great work
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Here's the newest version of The Adventures of Batman & Robin (Sega CD) editor.

What's new:

-Added full game support for the "Pause and press B to skip to next level" cheat (now works on all levels, instead of just the first level).

-Started using a pattern search instead of telling it specific addresses to patch. This makes it a lot faster to make the editor when there are 10 to 30 occurrences that need to be patched. Many thanks to nolberto82 for all his help with this!

If you're interested in hacking your Batman & Robin Sega CD file yourself with a hex editor, here are some of my notes on that. Can hack stuff like turning off collision detection for other cars, street lights, stair cases, etc.:
    https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...854#post211854

Do to the lack of interest in this game, this will probably be the last update. Will start working on other Sega CD editors though.

I do have a question though... Is the "Sega CD Station" the best place to put these Sega CD editors, or would it be better to put them in "Blast Processing"?

AdvBatmanRobinSegaCDv7.zip

EDIT: Uploaded newest version on 10/4/2020 (bug fix)
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-04-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Amazing work Tony! Looking forward to trying out both games! Was never able to beat or make it to the later levels of either game. Definitely going to try turning off collision damage on that level where the Riddler has you driving around in virtual reality, which is normally where I throw in the towel.

Have another Sega CD editor. There are 5 weapons, 5 armor, and 5 items that you can choose from. If there's other weapons, armor, or items that anyone wants included in the editor, let me know.

LunarEternalBlueNGEditorV7.zip
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-02-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Here's another editor for Lunar: Eternal Blue that is completely different than the one above. The one in the post above is for a new game, but this one is for new or saved games.

Everything is pretty self explanatory in the picture except for the Debug Menu. The debug menu isn't normally available in the game. It's kind of primitive, but very useful. You can do things like change your party's stats at any time (HP, MP, ATK, etc), change your Magic EXP to any value you want, play music from the game, warp to different areas on the map, etc. Readme is included.

LunarEternalBlueSegaCDEditorV7.zip

EDIT: The "Enable Debug Menu" cheat has a bug. See post below for details.
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-23-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Have a new version of the Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD) Editor.

What's new with ver 0.8...

-Changed EXP multiplier from 2x, 3x, 5x to 2x, 5x, 10x.
    -Added new cheat that allows you to level up your magic without using any Magic EXP (works even if you don't have enough).
    -Removed the Debug Menu cheat because of a problem with the code (details here: https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...232#post212232 ). Will see if I can fix the code when I get some time and put it back in the editor. You can use version 0.7 from the post above if you want to play around with the Debug Menu, but keep in mind that the code does have a problem, although the debug menu part seems to work fine.

LunarEternalBlueSegaCDEditorV8.zip

Wrote another editor for Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD). This one is different than the others in that it edits the Backup RAM file (brm). It gives you complete control over all of the debug cheats and features. Just so I don't have the editors spread out in so many places, I'm going to post a link to where you can find all of the Sega CD editors and hacking info for lots of other Sega CD games. I'll put any future editors and hacking info there and on my site (The Code Hut), although I'm usually a couple weeks behind in uploading stuff to my site.

Here's the link for all of the editors and hacking info: https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...798#post211798
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-05-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Keep up the great work.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Keep up the great work.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-05-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Thread Information