Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need input on a Sega CD Editor

Just finished an editor for Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD). Lets you enable/disable individual parts of the debug cheats, have free shopping, experience points multiplier, etc. This one patches your bin/img (ISO type) file. As with all of these editors, cheats can be easily turned on or off. There is a readme included, but clicking on the Help button should answer any questions.

Here is a link to the download: https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...494#post212494

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    Just finished an editor for Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD). Lets you enable/disable individual parts of the debug cheats, have free shopping, experience points multiplier, etc. This one patches your bin/img (ISO type) file. As with all of these editors, cheats can be easily turned on or off. There is a readme included, but clicking on the Help button should answer any questions.

Here is a link to the download: https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...494#post212494
    The best RPG just got better. Thank you so much
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    The best RPG just got better. Thank you so much
    Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Sega CD is one of the only retro console systems left that doesn't have many codes available. Making editors that automatically patch codes into your Sega CD game seemed like a good idea, since there wasn't any kind of cheat device like the Game Genie, and some emulators only have partial RAM code support at best. These editors will work with emulators, and should even work on real hardware. I've always been impressed with everyone's love for retro Sega stuff here at Sega-16, so that's why I'm posting this stuff here. A Sonic CD editor will be next.

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Sega CD is one of the only retro console systems left that doesn't have many codes available. Making editors that automatically patch codes into your Sega CD game seemed like a good idea, since there wasn't any kind of cheat device like the Game Genie, and some emulators only have partial RAM code support at best. These editors will work with emulators, and should even work on real hardware. I've always been impressed with everyone's love for retro Sega stuff here at Sega-16, so that's why I'm posting this stuff here. A Sonic CD editor will be next.
    I have an interview with Datel somewhere and they were developing a cheat cart for the Mega CD , but I guess poor sales of the Mega-CD software in Europe made them no bother to release it
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

I have an interview with Datel somewhere and they were developing a cheat cart for the Mega CD , but I guess poor sales of the Mega-CD software in Europe made them no bother to release it
    Here's a picture of a 1993 magazine article about the Sega CD Game Genie...

Sega CD Game Genie (1993).jpg

Here's a picture of a 1993 magazine article about the Sega CD Game Genie...

Sega CD Game Genie (1993).jpg

Thanks. I think it was with Mega or SEGA Pro magazine that did a feature with Datel and it showed a working prototype of the Mega-CD cheat cart, which was plugged into a Mega Drive cart slot with all its guts showing LOL . Gutted it never made it out since the likes of Soul Star was so hard

BTW can you also work on Dracula that game is hard as hell, Cheats for WingCommader on the Mega CD would be nice too
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thanks. I think it was with Mega or SEGA Pro magazine that did a feature with Datel and it showed a working prototype of the Mega-CD cheat cart, which was plugged into a Mega Drive cart slot with all its guts showing LOL . Gutted it never made it out since the likes of Soul Star was so hard

BTW can you also work on Dracula that game is hard as hell, Cheats for WingCommader on the Mega CD would be nice too
    I'm working on a good sized Sonic CD editor, but as soon as I'm done I'll take a look at those. Is the actual title Dracula Unleashed?

EDIT: I assume you want both of those for the US version?

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

I'm working on a good sized Sonic CD editor, but as soon as I'm done I'll take a look at those. Is the actual title Dracula Unleashed?
    Bram Stoker's Dracula, I assume, since Dracula Unleashed is a FMV/point-and-click game with nothing in the gameplay that requires reflexes or stats management.

EDIT: I assume you want both of those for the US version?
    No not Dracula Unleashed but Bram Stoker's Dracula. Its rock hard and yes USA version, please
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

No not Dracula Unleashed but Bram Stoker's Dracula. Its rock hard and yes USA version, please
    Glad I asked, would have been working on the wrong game. lol. I'm able to make editors now that deal with multiple occurrences of the same code in a game. For example, Sonic CD has 73 frickin occurrences of the exact same code for most codes for the game (inf lives, inf time, invincibility, don't lose rings when hit, etc). Each level/section uses it's own programming, and it's a pain when it comes to making codes or patching the game. It's likely that both of those games you requested will use multiple occurrences of codes, but should be able to handle it now with an editor. I have the editor look for a specific string of numbers, instead of a specific address. Saves a bunch of time when writing the editor.

Have the new editor for Sonic CD (Sega CD) finished. Has lots of good codes/cheats, and works on the entire game (all levels).

A link to the editor: https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...560#post212560

Finished a basic editor for Dracula. Makes the game much more enjoyable. I was really impressed on how they rotate the room around at the beginning of some of the levels. Wow.

Made some improvements on this editor: The previous editors only worked on bin (binary) and img (disc image) file types, but wouldn't work on ISO file types. This editor now supports ISO file types, as well as bin and img. I also noticed that there were several different versions of this game. I made it so that the editor will work on any version, and with any file type. As far as I know, this should be 100% coverage for this game, no matter what you have, and should even work on the Dracula and Frankenstein Double Deal version.

I hated those damn crows and bats that are constantly bombarding you, so made a code/cheat to have them die as soon as they touch you. lol.

https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...605#post212605
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-23-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Finished a basic editor for Dracula. Makes the game much more enjoyable. I was really impressed on how they rotate the room around at the beginning of some of the levels. Wow.

Made some improvements on this editor: The previous editors only worked on bin (binary) and img (disc image) file types, but wouldn't work on ISO file types. This editor now supports ISO file types, as well as bin and img. I also noticed that there were several different versions of this game. I made it so that the editor will work on any version, and with any file type. As far as I know, this should be 100% coverage for this game, no matter what you have, and should even work on the Dracula and Frankenstein Double Deal version.

I hated those damn crows and bats that are constantly bombarding you, so made a code/cheat to have them die as soon as they touch you. lol.

https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...605#post212605
    Thanks for the great work, keep it coming. BattleCorps be nice
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Can you do a cheat mode for Cliffhanger on the SEGA CD. I love that game but the Snowboard sections are so hard
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Can you do a cheat mode for Cliffhanger on the SEGA CD. I love that game but the Snowboard sections are so hard
    I'll add that to the list.

EDIT: I remember playing the Genesis version not too long ago while making codes for it. Difficult game.
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-27-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Thread Information