Quantcast

Thread: Deep Fear

Saturn Deep Fear

Sega's answer to Resident Evil put more emphasis on action than survival horror, but it manages to mix things up enough to offer a fun undersea romp with some inspired monster designs. The voice acting is atrocious, but the gameplay is solid enough to give fans of the genre another quality title for their Saturns. Read our full review for more details.

Road Rasher

Its worth noting that the english NTSC version was completed and it leaked on the internet a few years ago. Best way to play it imo

I really like Deep Fear, it's got a good flow to it and keeps the plot interesting, even though the readily available ammunition and the easy access to save points (at least forma huge chunk of the game) kills the "survival" aspect a bit. And yes, this game greatly benefits from using an analog controller!

Blut the Voice acting... I swear , sometimes it goes beyond horrible. Mookie's voice is just the worst (and his constant annoying baseball analogues don't make him any more endearing either.) It's really odd that the Game was recorded with english voices from the get go. Given the quality of the voice actors it seems like Sega of Japan just grabbed whatever native speaker they happened to come across in Japan, gave them some vague instructions ("You - Sound like what You think a Navy Seal sounds like! You - Sound as affected and effeminate as possible! You - be overly enthusiastic and annoying as Heck!") and then just locked them in a recording booth. You really have to hear it to believe it.

I came across Deep Fear because I read somewhere that it supposedly was one of the Last Games released for the Saturn in PAL regions. Can anyone confirm that?
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    I came across Deep Fear because I read somewhere that it supposedly was one of the Last Games released for the Saturn in PAL regions. Can anyone confirm that?
    Sure looks like it, it supposedly came out September 18, 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post

It did and was and I still have it

I loved the game, enjoyed how it was a RE rip off but with an Aliens and Abyss feel to it. Great high-quality sound effects too, thanks to ADX and Kenji Kawai music score was incredible
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Picked this game up fairly recently, looking forward to diving in when I get some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    diving in
    Well done.

Itís supposed to be good, let us know if you like it.

Thread Information