Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Retro-Bit rereleasing four Toaplan shmups

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Is that a platformer with two Italian plumbers dressed as Santas?

Road Rasher

I got a shipping notice from LRG for the Toaplan collector's box!

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I also received a shipping notification. I will let you all know when it arrives. I'm pretty excited for this collection, it will be fun to check out Zero Wing, and finally see the packaging and material first-hand.

Road Rasher

Mine arrived. Mixed feelings about the pastel colored carts and new labels (at least they are nice and glossy, unlike the Dreamworks Fire Shark label), but PQ is nice otherwise. I'll check to be sure, but Truxton seems to retain the original JP difficulty, even in US mode. Still plays as Tatsujin on a JP system. Hellfire plays like I remember. Games lack the SEGA logo and now have a retrobit copyright on the title screens. Some nice extras like stickers and interviews.

edit: I'm probably mistaken on Truxton. Fire Shark has the JP-EN differences intact and it has been a long time since I touched the original cart. Interesting thing about Fire Shark is that, unlike Truxton, the retro-bit logo is gone in JP mode replaced with a bigger Toaplan logo.
    Last edited by BrianC; 03-19-2021 at 07:25 PM.

My set shipped as well. I'm as excited for the interviews as I am for the games.

I think it would be cool if the Truxton uses the Japanese difficulty. The Japanese version is the harder game, isn't it?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I hope not, because that's the game I'd ordered. I already have Fire Shark.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I received my Toaplan Shooter Collection boxed set today. These are freaking great. I'm really impressed by these games. Retro-bit did an incredible job on these.

I'll have to go over them more, but upon first inspection, and after playing a few minutes of Zerowing, this box set is a really great deal, especially if you are missing 1 or more of these. I owned all of these with the exception of Zerowing, but I'm really happy I got the whole set.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

LRG lost mine. Can't get a straight answer from anyone at LRG to find out where it is. They never shipped it. They are clueless inept morons.
    Last edited by Leynos; 04-01-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

That really sucks, especially after waiting for so many months.
    I hope they made extras for mistakes like this. It would be wrong to only offer you the option of a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    LRG lost mine. Can't get a straight answer from anyone at LRG to find out where it is. They never shipped it. They are clueless inept morons.
    I thought the same thing and started a support ticket with them because I couldn't get logged into my account even though it was letting me do the resets but I wasn't receiving the emails. Basically trying to see what the status was on my order. I didn't order the complete collection, just Truxton and Fireshark. But all I had was just my PayPal transaction ID and what looked like an order number in the paypal trans details.

Got a reply from their support like 2 days later stating they had sent me invites to access my account..etc. (Still got nothing in my email), and that they would be sure to provide me with an email when my order had shipped.

This was several weeks ago I believe. But this morning, I did receive a shipping notification for my two games so they likely did all the complete collectors versions first before sending out the smaller standalone copies of the games is my guess.

Thread Information