Quantcast

Thread: ASCII Fighting Stick SG-6

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Default ASCII Fighting Stick SG-6

I just traded for a Ascii Fighting Stick SG-6, Tried it with Street Fighter II SCE, Stuck in 3 Button Mode

I cleaned the Mode Pad on the PCB, Still stuck in 3 Button Mode, The PCB looks Clean
    Attached Images Attached Images

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

You might want to try following the tracer from the mode button to the board, to see if there are any shorts (rust bulges) or open spaces. You might also take a pick and tap each one of those pins above the pad, to see if there are any loose solder joints.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You might want to try following the tracer from the mode button to the board, to see if there are any shorts (rust bulges) or open spaces. You might also take a pick and tap each one of those pins above the pad, to see if there are any loose solder joints.
    I checked, the PCB is Clean as a Whistle

IMG_1439.JPG

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Did you check for loose solder joints?

I appears that it's not just you. This guy has the same problem. Did this thing come out before the official 6 button controller?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SEGAGENESIS...fight_pad_sg6/
    Last edited by gamevet; 09-21-2020 at 12:22 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information