Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2020

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Default Secret Santa 2020

All right, it's that time of year again! I know I haven't been very active, so hopefully everyone is okay with me running this event again this year (not sure if y'all have much of a choice though, heheh). Here are the (slightly modified from previous years') rules:

1. Don't sign up if you can't or won't follow through. You need to be an active member, a well-known member, or vouched for by an active or well-known member to participate.

2. Signups are open now until November 16, which is when everyone will be matched up and wish lists will be sent out to their respective Santas.

3. The value of your gift(s) should be in the $20-30 range before taking shipping into account. If you want to be more generous, that is perfectly fine as well.

4. Feel free to add anything from video games to non-game related items on your list. Digital games are also allowed, but if you go the digital route, please add some sort of physical item(s) to your list. You are encouraged to have a section of pricier items in case your Santa is feeling generous. Please try to have at least 16 items on your list.

5. Gifts should be mailed by December 9 at the latest unless you are willing to ship via an expedited service. If for some reason you won't be able to meet that time frame, please let me know. I do not want any misunderstandings to happen because of a lack of communication. Please send me your tracking number after you ship your package so I can pass it on to your recipient.

6. Make sure the address you provide is safe, secure, and will no provide any issues for deliveries. For example, if you know that packages you order often get delivered to your neighbor's house, you might want to provide you work address.

7. It is mandatory to participate in this event to the full extent if you sign up. Please drop out before the deadline if you do not think you will follow through. Here are a few examples of ways to be reported as well as banned from future Secret Santa events run by me:

a. Your recipient puts Othello for NES, 10 games in the $5-15 range, and three games in the $50 range on their list and all you send them is Othello.
    b. Your recipient puts "low budget horror schlock VHS" on their list and all you send them three different Sweatin' to the Oldies Richards Simmons tapes.
    c. You do not send anything to your recipient and/or completely disappear after lists have been given out to everyone.

I think that gives the general idea, but if you are unsure about this rule, please feel free to ask me about it. I will attempt to right the ship if I feel like anyone has been screwed over.

8. The most important rule is to have fun!

Also, let me know if you don't want to shop for me since it won't exactly be secret.

Please use the following sign up sheet format for when you PM me your list:

Forum Alias:
    Shipping Name/Address:
    Willing to ship internationally?:
    Condition (i.e. - complete, boxed, mint, loose, etc.):
    Wish List:

List of people participating (bold = list has been submitted):

BubsyFan1
    Assault9
    Blades
    JCU
    WarmSignal
    robotscandance
    Baloo
    TrekkiesUnite118
    Last edited by BubsyFan1; 11-19-2020 at 02:37 AM.

Ready to go for another year!
    Review in Progress -

Next on the Review List -

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

I'll be interested as usual!

Iím in.

And we're off! Assault9 must be pumped - he didn't even let five minutes go by before joining. I'd like to get at least four more people.

Of course.

Matteus, c'maaaahhhhnnn!

Robotscandance and Trekkiesunite give great gifts!

When I ran Secret Santa, I found public harassment worked quite well to reign in Santas.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Matteus, c'maaaahhhhnnn!
    You rang m'lord

Getting closer! I want to say that my PMs have started to work already, but I'm pretty sure matteus already knew that cleeg called him out.

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    You rang m'lord

Anyone else interested? I sent PMs to some recent participants but no responses yet. Looks like they haven't logged on in a bit. Newcomers are always welcome too!

October just doesn't have the Xmas feeling like you will have in November. I'm sure once Halloween is over Christmas will be in the bullseye for many.

Yeah, it's like I wanna burn down the stores for selling Xmas decorations in October (sometimes September). I don't wanna think about it so early, Halloween hasn't happened yet, and I'm supposed to feel all jolly like we're wrapping up another year? Hum-bug. But go ahead, sign me up. I'd recommend extending sign ups tho.

Extending entries is a bad idea considering the amount of parcels being shipped will be even greater this year since people are holed up like Chernobyl is in their back yard. More parcels equals more time to get where it needs to go.

Thread Information