Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Secret Santa 2020

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

I haven't received tracking information from everyone. Honestly, I wasn't too worried about it considering the people who are participating. If you haven't received anything yet, feel free to let me know so I can look into it.

I suppose I'll start off the "show what we got" portion of the thread:

some great stuff here, very grateful to add it to my collection.

I don't know who my secret santa is, but thank you!

I keep meaning to play Dragon Quest VIII but end up playing something else whenever I'm in the mood to play a JRPG. This serves as another reminder to play it.

This is what I got:

Fear Effect and Virtua Quest are always games I've been interested in but never seem to come across, and of course I need to play the newer Bubsy games now that I have the capability. It's also cool that Virtua Quest and Bubsy (Purrfect Edition!) are sealed. Thanks, robotscandance!

glad you like them!

I usually try to find at least one sealed game for my secret santa recipients, this time I was lucky to find two.

Quote Originally Posted by robotscandance View Post
    I suppose I'll start off the "show what we got" portion of the thread:

some great stuff here, very grateful to add it to my collection.

I don't know who my secret santa is, but thank you!
    I guess I forgot to put it on there but I was your Secret Santa. Glad you're happy with it all. Long Story short, there's a used game store in my area and the day I went in with your list the stars seemed to align as they had just gotten in a bunch of Wii, Wii U, NES, 32X, Game Gear, and PS2 stuff. On top of it all, I had bunch of points accumulated so I got some nice discounts as well.

My Secret Santa this year was Assault9 and this is what he got me:

Honestly I was really surprised to see these as I know Saturn and Sega CD stuff has been starting to go crazy this past year. These were three games I've been meaning to get for these systems for a while now so I'm really happy with them.

You guys are tryin' to make me look bad this year. Those are some gift packages. One thing I ordered to send with mine never even came, so I had to send without.

WarmSignal, did you get your package?

Not sure who my Secret Santa was, but he got me great stuff!

Especially looking forward to watching Samurai Champloo! Thank you so much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

@ Trekkies - I'm glad to hear the package made it in one piece. UPS and Fed Ex have never let me down, but the Post Office is definitely getting some coal in their stocking next year

Also, JCU was my Secret Santa this year and he sent me Aztec Adventure for the SMS, Arnold Palmer Golf for the Genesis, two Game Gear manuals for NBA Action and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and to top it off, two cups of Stir Fry Noodles. Wow! Thanks very much JCU!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I've got something special that I ordered years ago for next year's raffle if we have one.
    Review in Progress -

Next on the Review List -

My gift arrived today. Lucky for my Santa, I celebrate Orthodox Christmas which is on January 6 so he was actually quite early!

And what a gift I got.

I can't wait to try these out! Thanks Secret Santa! I particularly can't wait to try Zelda after completing Ocarina of Time which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm sure me and my friends will enjoy the candy too.

I'm glad at least one thing was great in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by robotscandance View Post
    glad you like them!

I usually try to find at least one sealed game for my secret santa recipients, this time I was lucky to find two.
    That's pretty cool. I don't think I've come across any sealed games for my recipients yet. There's a local game shop here that has a section of sealed games, but they tend to price them at about ten times the price that they sell the broken-seal games for.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Not sure who my Secret Santa was, but he got me great stuff!

Especially looking forward to watching Samurai Champloo! Thank you so much!!
    Your Secret Santa was me! I'm glad you like it all. I was afraid I didn't get you enough; usually I can find a decent amount of things locally and only order one thing to round out my gifts, but I had a hard time finding items on your list here and felt pressed for time.

Some much needed additions to my Dreamcast and Saturn libraries! Thanks Santa.

Next year I'm going to try and do this for the first time. I feel like I should be contributing more to this kind of thing.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    That's pretty cool. I don't think I've come across any sealed games for my recipients yet. There's a local game shop here that has a section of sealed games, but they tend to price them at about ten times the price that they sell the broken-seal games for.

Your Secret Santa was me! I'm glad you like it all. I was afraid I didn't get you enough; usually I can find a decent amount of things locally and only order one thing to round out my gifts, but I had a hard time finding items on your list here and felt pressed for time.
    Hey, even one thing is definitely enough. It's more about the community and the surprise fun of seeing what someone got you. I like putting a lot of random stuff on there for that reason, I should make my list a bit easier next year! Thanks again BubsyFan, I really do appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

^ No problem. You do make some good points. You can make your list a little easier next year if you want, but ultimately it's up to the Santa to reach out if they have any doubt about finding items for their recipients. There were enough items on your list that I knew I'd be able to make ends meet.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Next year I'm going to try and do this for the first time. I feel like I should be contributing more to this kind of thing.
    We'll gladly welcome you aboard!

Thread Information