Quantcast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Darius getting a cartridge release

If I want this Darius game I have to either get a version which can harm my system and I'll have to pay around $20 import tax on top of that, or buy from a company whose entire existence is dependent on exploiting customers' "fear of losing out" (FOLO) .
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    If I want this Darius game I have to either get a version which can harm my system and I'll have to pay around $20 import tax on top of that, or buy from a company whose entire existence is dependent on exploiting customers' "fear of losing out" (FOLO) .
    Those are your only options for buying the game, not playing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Yeah SLG isn't very good in terms of shipping or ordering, but I've done okay so far. At least it means more copies and not just limited to Columbus Circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I'd like to get this, is Colombus Circle the only option?
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    I'd like to get this, is Colombus Circle the only option?
    Strictly Limited Games will be releasing it too:

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.c...ections/darius

No release date yet.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I might grab it from SLG, if I can secure a copy before the Retro-Scalpers... Which is a term I can't believe I'm using seriously. What a weird time to be a retro-games enthusiast. It's like, there's so many good options, but it's also such a bad time for people collecting real hardware/software...

I feel grateful to have started collecting as early as I did. I love my Megadrive collection.

Got my copy of Darius Extra secured through SLG. I don't get why they don't go for open preorders though... They did that with Mega Turrican I believe...

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by highlandcattle View Post
    Got my copy of Darius Extra secured through SLG. I don't get why they don't go for open preorders though... They did that with Mega Turrican I believe...
    I pre-ordered this morning when they went in sale. How did you secure one before they went in sale? Was there another sale?

In not sure why they don't just do open preorders. But If I had to guess, it's because resellers will buy them. Ultracore sold out super quickly and a bunch of copies were instantly on eBay. This just spoils collecting for me.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by highlandcattle View Post
    I pre-ordered this morning when they went in sale. How did you secure one before they went in sale? Was there another sale?

I'm not sure why they don't just do open preorders. But If I had to guess, it's because resellers will buy them. Ultracore sold out super quickly and a bunch of copies were instantly on eBay. This just spoils collecting for me.

This is interesting and refreshing. Darius didn't sell out right away. There is still a bunch left.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.c...-game-preorder
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    If I want this Darius game I have to either get a version which can harm my system.
    What do you mean by this? Do you mean bad contacts and non rounded edges on the circuit board?

So I ordered the game via SLG. I seriously don't know if this hobby will be something I can swing for much longer. The price for a new game is more than a game for a new console. This model needs to be looked into. There's no reason this should cost this much. I love how the site initially showed me the price in USD. Which was pretty reasonable, then changed to Euro hahah. Also, did that say we won't see the game till August of next year?! Hahah. These guys...

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    So I ordered the game via SLG. I seriously don't know if this hobby will be something I can swing for much longer. The price for a new game is more than a game for a new console. This model needs to be looked into. There's no reason this should cost this much. I love how the site initially showed me the price in USD. Which was pretty reasonable, then changed to Euro hahah. Also, did that say we won't see the game till August of next year?! Hahah. These guys...
    Nobody is stopping you from doing it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    Nobody is stopping you from doing it better.
    It's not a matter of me having to do it better. I can objectively criticize something, especially something that is objectively bad. SLG and LRG have some really questionable sales models, and they arguably make retro-collecting worse as a result. Making some nonsense comment in defense of their model is completely non-productive. Pointing out issues with their approach to this is typical consumer objectivity. Also, yeah, I pointed out their pricing bug, because yeah, I do eCommerce development for a living. Quoting one price at cart/mini-cart/product details, than having a different price at checkout is nonsense.

Nobody is stopping them from doing better either.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    It's not a matter of me having to do it better. I can objectively criticize something, especially something that is objectively bad. SLG and LRG have some really questionable sales models, and they arguably make retro-collecting worse as a result. Making some nonsense comment in defense of their model is completely non-productive. Pointing out issues with their approach to this is typical consumer objectivity. Also, yeah, I pointed out their pricing bug, because yeah, I do eCommerce development for a living. Quoting one price at cart/mini-cart/product details, than having a different price at checkout is nonsense.

Nobody is stopping them from doing better either.
    Yeah I know how it is, entitled gamers crying and complaining on a forum because things aren't the way they expect things to be.
    This is nothing new.

Thread Information