Thread: How Alien Isolation Survived its Difficult Development

Hero of Algol

YouTube How Alien Isolation Survived its Difficult Development

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Thanks for this. Gutted we never got PS VR support
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

If there ever was a game deserving of a sequel, A.I. would be it. Superb is how I view the game.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I might have enjoyed the game more, if I could get past that stupid luggage room. I should have checked out a video on how to progress from there, but it shouldn't have been that difficult to figure out, especially in the early parts of the game. Not a fun feature.
    Last edited by gamevet; 10-26-2020 at 10:33 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

It is a truly great game, the first to do the Alien franchise justice in the world of video games in my opinion. Survival horror at it's very best, and Creative Assembly should be very proud of what they achieved. You can tell that they were all big fans of Ridley Scott's 1979 sci-fi horror masterpiece. A sequel would be wonderful, but I'm more than happy with what we got.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    It is a truly great game, the first to do the Alien franchise justice in the world of video games in my opinion.
    It's the only one to do justice to the original movie, but Aliens had been properly covered by Aliens versus Predator 2 (2001) (the marine campaign is pretty much a Aliens fan wet dream) and Alien Resurrection has a fantastic game (better than the movie actually) on the PS1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Survival horror at it's very best, and Creative Assembly should be very proud of what they achieved. You can tell that they were all big fans of Ridley Scott's 1979 sci-fi horror masterpiece. A sequel would be wonderful, but I'm more than happy with what we got.
    This.
    They really understood what made the original great and managed to translate it into a game.

Thread Information