Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Banning politics & religion threads, and closing Off Topic

The religion thread in the spring was definitely depressing. I still don't understand why an over four year old topic at that time needed a bump. I'm in favor of banning religion and politics. Even with the few attempts of being civil in the politic thread, it was met with being called bootlicker and some harassment. It was an echo chamber. I do kind of have regret of acting a little aggressive bit in the end, but it seemed the few that kept chirping were acting very irrationally. Came off very psychopathic. It's the same kind of shit I've seen on GameFaqs and their useless moderators don't do a damn thing about politics, racist type posts.

I wouldn't get rid of Off Topic just yet. I would test the waters.

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't had any drive to review anything since the pandemic began. I would love to get back into it at some point.

Master of Shinobi

Yeah politics and religion really don't belong here, the threads could be deleted and I wouldn't miss them.

The one thing I disagreed with was locking the Paprium thread, love it or hate it it had the most discussion of anything on the site. People love drama and it was on topic at least half the time. But that's OK, I'm sure there will be something new for people to argue about.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

I wouldn't like to see off topic go completely. The random thread often generates a bit of fun, I never see that get unfriendly so I'd miss it if it was gone.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

How did I miss this shit show? For what it's worth I agree with closing the politics thread, for the simple reason that we live in a permanently offended post modern world where people can't handle differing points of view. I love this forum and have done my bit to support it financially over the last few years and contribute where I can. I want this forum to succeed and thrive. If people want to close down certain threads because it damages the harmony of the forum then fair enough, but if you're somebody who wants to silence others because you disagree with them, and this makes you emotionally unable to function coherently, then fuck you very much. Yours sincerely, MD Bowlsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    How did I miss this shit show? For what it's worth I agree with closing the politics thread, for the simple reason that we live in a permanently offended post modern world where people can't handle differing points of view. I love this forum and have done my bit to support it financially over the last few years and contribute where I can. I want this forum to succeed and thrive. If people want to close down certain threads because it damages the harmony of the forum then fair enough, but if you're somebody who wants to silence others because you disagree with them, and this makes you emotionally unable to function coherently, then fuck you very much. Yours sincerely, MD Bowlsey.
    Amen

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    im-triggered.jpg

Alright, I am going to lock this because I think people get the message. This is a video game forum. The main point of the forum is not to whine about politics or what people consider free speech. Perhaps some view this as being inherently against free speech. But sometimes decorum and a decent source of information on a dead forum is better than a live one with a ton of speech that makes people's stomach curl when they read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information