Quantcast

View Poll Results: Lock the Paprium (vaporware) thread or keep beating the dead horse until forever?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Please, lock it now. I can't stand it anymore!

23 43.40%
  • No, keep it going. I love beating the dead horse.

30 56.60%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At this point, we should probably lock the Paprium thread as well, shouldn't we?

Hero of Algol

Default At this point, we should probably lock the Paprium thread as well, shouldn't we?

Since we're trying to improve things it's probably the right time to lock the thread until the actual game is released (which will likely never happen), no?!
    Last edited by Barone; 11-12-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

We're just giving the game a place to live. Get rid of this BS. If the game materializes, great, but until then, let's focus on other stuff.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

How else would I remember that it still (allegedly) exists? I even forget about Star Shillizen until someone posts a supercut of its many failures, and those reminders grow fewer and further between as time passes. Let people have some coals to warm their dissatisfaction over.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker peido's Avatar

I voted No because I believe it's a way to remind people to not trust Fonzie.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

voted lock b/c my gut says don't give it anymore air or allow some folks to keep hyping it/disinformation
    but

Quote Originally Posted by peido View Post
    I voted No because I believe it's a way to remind people to not trust Fonzie.
    there's an argument to be made here too, maybe just put VAPORWARE in the title and hope folks know that means the game doesn't exist, rather than thinking it's a comment on the bangin' soundtrack or something

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Spendle's Avatar

I voted no as it's a relevant subject for mega drive/genesis discussion and so I think it's fair game. It'll naturally die a death as interest dwindles when time moves on. 10 years from now you'll be able to copy and paste a response to the odd straggler asking if there's any news, something along the lines of "not heard from Fonzie for a millennia but I'm led to believe we'll hear something soon".

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

The thread doesn't need to be deleted. Burying the relevent info being argued to preserve behind hundreds of pages of memes and sarcastic shitposts does infinitely more damage to any kind of record of what really happened than locking it would.

If anything it should be locked and when/if a mod is ever willing to work on it, the garbage comments should be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Yes! Lock it and keep it so until any news are known.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

No dark sarcasm, in the forum.

I also agree that it should at least be locked but not deleted. Like Zebbe stated above, it can be reopened should actual relevant news become available.

Wait, when did we start arguing about deleting it instead of locking it?

I say lock it, most of it isn't even about Paprium anymore.
    Please check out my YouTube channel

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

To quote far more active forums, if you don't like a thread, make a more interesting one yourself, or make interesting replies in other existing threads. Nobody really looks at locked threads unless they were planning on responding to a post in one shortly before the lock, and hiding the sins of the Fonz is a disservice to the memory of the Cunninghams, who lost their money to his trickery.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

I can't think of any excuse used to defend keeping the thread open to be worth it.

Keep it open so Fonzie can't get away with his shit? Excuse me, but how has that been going? The guy fucking disappeared. Nobody knows his whereabouts, and I wouldn't trust Luis to really know either since Fonzie is a manipulative liar. You all could have gone after Luis who is much easier to reach but nothing came out after telling him to GTFO after that Paprium logo tweet, and reality is that nobody is willing to put the lawyer money required to make any investiagiton go through.

Letting it die on its own? All that happens is that every so often somebody shows up asking if there are any news (hint: there aren't), it's never going to die because the hype was so massive that even today some people are lured to believe that maybe it'll come out some day and be the greatest beat'em-up ever.

People insist that we absolutely need to keep pushing to prevent Fonzie from coming out unscratched because of all the people who lost their money but it's definitely a lost cause by now. It'd also help if we just acknowledged that the game is dead for good at this point. But fine, keep it open, don't complain when people keep remembering Sega-16 as being "that site with the Paprium thread", because right now that's your current reputation to outsiders.

Also just saying, the very fact that we're having this discussion right now shows how the thread is pretty damn toxic for this place. But honestly, this whole forum has turned into such a trainwreck that at this point I think that the best course of action is to archive the whole thing for good. There, I said it.

Master of Shinobi

Voted no. I don't see the harm in keeping it open. But it's not my site and so whatever Melf decides to do I'll respect his choice.

Thread Information