Quantcast

Thread: The history of Sunset Riders arcade console documentary

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Default The history of Sunset Riders arcade console documentary

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

I love the Mega Drive port even if it is heavily pared back. It plays and looks great.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Fun video, and I enjoyed the Mad Dog McRee shout out. Man, I loved that game as a kid, for some reason anyway. Hahaha

@Mega Drive Bowlsey, as much as I enjoyed playing the Genesis game (as that was the one I had growing up), after playing the SNES port, it's sad just how much was removed from it. It's still a very fun game, at least they didn't mess up the gameplay, but the SNES version is really the way to go if you want the full Sunset Riders experience.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

The exact opposite happened with WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game. The SNES version was put on a limited memory cart by the developers and a lot of stuff was cut from the game. I just don't get why this happens.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    Fun video, and I enjoyed the Mad Dog McRee shout out. Man, I loved that game as a kid, for some reason anyway. Hahaha

@Mega Drive Bowlsey, as much as I enjoyed playing the Genesis game (as that was the one I had growing up), after playing the SNES port, it's sad just how much was removed from it. It's still a very fun game, at least they didn't mess up the gameplay, but the SNES version is really the way to go if you want the full Sunset Riders experience.
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The exact opposite happened with WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game. The SNES version was put on a limited memory cart by the developers and a lot of stuff was cut from the game. I just don't get why this happens.
    I read somewhere that it also had to do with the double size sprites that were needed for Yoko and Bam Bam and that it would cause too much slowdown for the super Nintendo to handle.

It was kind of a travesty how much they cut out of our version, they really cheaped out with that cart size.

Thread Information