Quantcast

Thread: Long DLC for Sonic Advenure is found

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Sonic Long DLC for Sonic Advenure is found

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2019/11...-rediscovered/

A long lost DLC event for the Japanese version of Sonic Adventure has just been uncovered. Moopthehedgehog, a member of the Dreamcast development and homebrew website DCEmulation, found a copy of the gameís 1999 New Years event on an old memory card he ordered from Japan.

The event reportedly places a Japanese Kadomatsu, a traditional New Years decoration made of bamboo, pine, and ume trees, in the game. The event was originally released on December 26, with a second bug-fixed version released on December 29. The event ran until January 7, when Kadomatsu decorations are typically removed.

The version found by Moop is the second, bug-fixed version, and is currently available over at DCEmulation. If youíve got a Dreamcast, or a Dreamcast emulator, go check it out! Itís probably only a matter of time until DreamcastLive, a website that already has a repository of Sonic Adventure DLC and is easily accessible through a Dreamcast, will have it as well. If you have any interest taking your Dreamcast back online, they are a great resource.

Old school DLC can be difficult to preserve. Once the original servers hosting the content go down, it only exists in the storage of some developer, or on the memory cards and hard drives of the gamers lucky enough to have downloaded it.

When it comes to Sonicís Dreamcast DLC, the popularity of the games largely ensured the preservation of nearly everything. This New Years event had long been the final missing piece of Sonic Adventure DLC. With its discovery, all of Sonic Adventureís DLC is now finally preserved!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

> found a copy of the gameís 1999 New Years event on an old memory card he ordered from Japan

Hahaha I love this stuff. Incredible. Glad people are looking at this stuff before they clear it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight View Post
    > found a copy of the gameís 1999 New Years event on an old memory card he ordered from Japan

Hahaha I love this stuff. Incredible. Glad people are looking at this stuff before they clear it.
    For some reason I always seem to have trouble wiping out old memory cards. Both my Japanese Saturn backup carts are full of some Japanese guy's old rpg save data, I kinda feel like I'm erasing them (the previous owner, obviously the save data is being erased) from existence.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowsux133 View Post
    For some reason I always seem to have trouble wiping out old memory cards. Both my Japanese Saturn backup carts are full of some Japanese guy's old rpg save data, I kinda feel like I'm erasing them (the previous owner, obviously the save data is being erased) from existence.
    I'm the same way

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Amazing, but the thread title is missing the word "lost".

Thread Information