Quantcast

Thread: Spiderman Web of Fire crashing issue

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert RvR's Avatar

Default Spiderman Web of Fire crashing issue

Hey guys, I've been playing Spiderman WoF on Kega and it crashes on me more than 50% of the times I try to play it, and Ive only ever gotten halfway thru the game. I saw another poster in another thread mention the issue as well but I was wondering if this is an emulation issue or just part of the game or if there are any fixes?
    Last edited by RvR; 11-15-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typos

The game never crashed on me on a regular 32x,even when I flashed a Rom file to an Everdrive, so it seems more like an emulation issue. Have you tried using Retroarch or Gens instead of Kega?
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Just tried with Gens and froze first time. Is retroarch known to be better? Isnt retroarch one of the ones that just has other emulators inside it?

Quote Originally Posted by RvR View Post
    Is retroarch known to be better? Isnt retroarch one of the ones that just has other emulators inside it?
    True, but it uses a different emulation core from GenS and Kega, the Genesis Plus GX core. So you could also use that emulator directly. I haven't used Kega or Gens in ages, but the Genesis Core within Retroarch always seemed to work fine for me. (though admittedly I've never tried running Web of Shadows through that particular emulator).
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Master of Shinobi

Genesis Plux GX doesn't emulate the 32X, so you'd be stuck with Picodrive on Retroarch.

In that case, I think Im good with the few times I got halfway thru the game haha

Thread Information