Quantcast

Thread: High Quality Sega PC Soundtrack Replacements

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Pc High Quality Sega PC Soundtrack Replacements

For a while now I've been ripping music from my console versions of certain Sega games and releasing them as mods for their SEGA PC counterparts (which usually suffered with inferior audio).

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...h3-E7hOQcyEzuz

Games ripped thus far:

- Sonic 3D (Saturn)
    - Sonic CD American (thanks to Profholt82)
    - Sonic CD Japanese
    - Ecco the Dolphin (Mega CD)
    - Virtua Fighter
    - Virtua Fighter 2
    - Fighting Vipers (no PC port, but wth)
    - CyberTroopers: Virtual ON

Seeing as these are soundtrack mods, yes that also means you can download these and just listen to them. They come in either FLAC or WAV, and have been ripped using Exact Audio Copy for near-perfect results. Each video in the playlist above contains download links to their respected soundtrack.

In the coming days, I plan on releasing rips of Sega Rally, Virtua Fighter 2 (SAT), Daytona USA, then move on to Sega MD/Genesis rips, for alternative soundtracks (like playing Sonic 3D PC with the 16 bit soundtrack?).

I've also been working on improving the video quality with SCD's '96 release, aiming to fully restore the Mega CD endings, but that means having to create them from scratch using existing footage.

Playlist here of that: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...18E-VzOJTzbw8o

UPDATE1: Virtua Fighter 2 soundtrack ripped.
    UPDATE2: CyberTroopers - Virtual ON soundtrack ripped.
    UPDATE3: Er, appears there was no Fighting Vipers PC version, but wth, soundtrack ripped anyway as a bonus.
    Last edited by The Jackal; 11-26-2020 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Some corrections.

Thread Information