Quantcast

Thread: LHX Attack Chopper

Puyo LHX Attack Chopper

The Genesis hosts a slew of 3D military simulators, giving players the chance to pilot tanks, planes, and helicopters in flat-shaded, polygonal battlegrounds. Electronic Arts' LHX Attack Chopper is one that has a decent game experience to offer if you can get past the slow pace and learning curve. Read our full review for more details.

Loved this game back inthe day.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi

IMO the best sim on the system. The developers managed to strike the right balance in terms of simplifying the game for the system while not making it feel too arcadey: the handling was simplified so you don't need to worry about losing altitude while flying forward, something that would have been hard to deal with on pads of the era, but that was pretty much the only major gameplay change IIRC. It was a shame that the other helicopters from the PC version were removed, but I guess they were short on ROM space.

Compared to LHX I was so disappointed in F-117. I expected it to be LHX with a stealth fighter, or like the PC F-117 sim, but instead it was limited to fixed scenarios with only parts of missions being playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Silanda View Post
    IMO the best sim on the system. The developers managed to strike the right balance in terms of simplifying the game for the system while not making it feel too arcadey: the handling was simplified so you don't need to worry about losing altitude while flying forward, something that would have been hard to deal with on pads of the era, but that was pretty much the only major gameplay change IIRC. It was a shame that the other helicopters from the PC version were removed, but I guess they were short on ROM space.

Compared to LHX I was so disappointed in F-117. I expected it to be LHX with a stealth fighter, or like the PC F-117 sim, but instead it was limited to fixed scenarios with only parts of missions being playable.
    I liked F 117 and also M1 tanks. The one I didn't like was Steel Talons just was just asking too much
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

I really enjoyed M1 Abrams Battle Tank. It was really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I really enjoyed M1 Abrams Battle Tank. It was really fun.
    Yeah, it was fun and easy to pick and play. Very nice game and one of my 1st EA MD games along with Battle Squadron
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Master of Shinobi

all those games improve greatly when played on an overclocked system (or an emulator that allows OC FTM)
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Thread Information