Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resources for classic consoles on modern TVs

Thanks to everyone's suggestions, I'm going to order an OSSC + Koryuu for consoles without RGB. Can't wait to see how nice it looks.

It seems like Retrotink has some issues with composite signals, particularly from PS1 and 32X.

It would be nice if I could just use my CRT for everything, but alas it is too big and currently in storage.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Well, you just missed out on Component cables for the Genesis. I posted about it a little over a month ago. It would have corrected the 32x composite issues.

It looks like they are still available.

https://castlemaniagames.com/collections/hd-retrovision
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-16-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Yeah, but that still means there's a problem with the composite inputs.

It's fine, the OSSC seems like a much better choice for the long run.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Yes, but component cleans it all up. My HD CRT had problems with upscaling the GENESIS in composite, because of the noisy ghosting caused by composite on the console. The RGB cables cleaned it all up.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

I use my Sony Bravia HD TV for all modern gaming, and my heavy ass Wharfedale CRT set from 2005 for all retro related gaming. It weighs a fucking ton but it's the only way I can enjoy my light gun games, plus with a scart connection my Mega Drive, Mega CD, SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1 and PS2 games look and sound superb on it.

Thread Information