Quantcast

Thread: Saturn racing wheel with pedals?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Centrale's Avatar

Default Saturn racing wheel with pedals?

I've got the Arcade Racer wheel for the Saturn, but I wish it had pedals. Is there a good third party racing wheel with pedals for the Saturn?

Short answer, no.

The first decent wheel + pedals came with PS2. Before that, it was Interact garbage. I made a thread about this, but unfortunately some of the images no longer work.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Centrale View Post
    I've got the Arcade Racer wheel for the Saturn, but I wish it had pedals. Is there a good third party racing wheel with pedals for the Saturn?
    It depends what you mean by "good".
    If good means semi-pro stuff like there has been since the PS2 days, then no.
    If good means good enough to have fun with its racing games (whose physics models are also far from more modern stuff), then yes.

I'd recommend Logic 3's Top Drive or the Mad Catz one or the Twin Turbo one.
    None of those are easy to come by cheap these days.
    More info here:
    https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...l=1#post534615

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Centrale's Avatar

Thanks for the recommendations and the links! Yeah, I definitely am not expecting anything on the quality level of what came along in the PS2 era and beyond. After reading through the threads you both linked, I did find one of the Per4mer wheels for the Saturn for $30 so I'll take a chance on it.

Master of Shinobi

Weren't there racing wheel + pedal combinations available for PCs before the PS2? I recall gaming peripherals being really popular in the 90s, but I don't specifically recall pedals... lots of different joysticks though.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Centrale View Post
    I did find one of the Per4mer wheels for the Saturn for $30 so I'll take a chance on it.
    Be careful with this one 'cause it has a very small steering range and feature-wise it's pretty bare bones.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Yeah and you might want to be pretty gentle with the pedals. If I'm remembering correctly I think I picked up a set or two of those per4mer wheel pedal combos (both looking very similar to each other but for different systems) to try and see if I could get them to work with some old racing game that I can't seem to remember at the moment. But on one of them the pedal broke almost immediately. I suspect it may have already been cracked when I got it, but I just saw another set for sale on eBay and one of the pedals was also described as broken so probably not the best build on these guys.

Oh yea now I remember I think I had bought the per4mer wheel for Genesis and I was wanting to take the pedals off of a per4mer ps2 wheel pedal combo and I was going to plug it into the genesis wheel. Actually I think I was using a controller converter on it so it probably wasn't natively for the genesis, probably was for saturn. I think I just said screw it and opted to just use the aviator 3 by Quick Shot as my Genesis racing wheel instead.
    Last edited by Dirt Ball Gamer; 12-04-2020 at 10:50 PM.

There were those multi colour peedles for the Mega Drive, they looked like crap mind and I never used them. Didn't Microsoft had a range of Sidewinder force feedback wheels (with Pedals) and joysticks before the PS2?
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    There were those multi colour peedles for the Mega Drive, they looked like crap mind and I never used them. Didn't Microsoft had a range of Sidewinder force feedback wheels (with Pedals) and joysticks before the PS2?
    They had but: 1) You couldn't use them with any console of the time; 2) They were nowhere near as good as a Logitech Driving Force Pro which could offer 900 degrees of rotation and decent force feedback with several PS2 games. That's what I'd call semi-pro level.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    They had but: 1) You couldn't use them with any console of the time; 2) They were nowhere near as good as a Logitech Driving Force Pro which could offer 900 degrees of rotation and decent force feedback with several PS2 games. That's what I'd call semi-pro level.
    I'm only saying the way it was, if not perfect. I know for sure MS had force feedback joysticks because I had one
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Did anyone ever try that Spectravideo Logic 3 wheel with pedals
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information